Chapter 1

Part 1 

(Circe's pov)

I'm telling the truth when I say being a Riddle is, how should I put it... difficult? That doesn't seem right, maybe the right thing to say is that being a Riddle has its hardships. I am constantly bothered by two brothers, I have a father who is always disappointed in me and my mother never really talks to me, I have barely even seen her. Growing up I spent a lot of time alone, sure I have brothers but once they go off to school, I'm left alone. At least that gave me time to read and even though I didn't have a wand I still could do magic. I could make things levitate, and a couple other things. I wish I could apparate like my brothers but my father taught them and there's no way he's teaching me, I will have to wait until I learn it in school. It's only what, 5-6 more years?

I start school in a couple days and I have already gotten my wand, Fir wood with phoenix core 13" and a hard flexibility, books, robes, and everything else I needed for school. I wouldn't say I'm going to miss being home, but I'm going to miss having my own room.

I went over to my desk and sat down. I continued reading the book from earlier on and managed to finish a chapter before the house elf came with my dinner.

I ate dinner in my room because I didn't want to see my father or brothers, though sometimes Mattheo came and ate with me but rarely. I went to bed shortly after finishing my dinner.

The next few days passed by slowly, so I filled them with books, practicing the little magic I could do, and sleeping or just sitting in bed if I couldn't fall asleep.

Finally the day came, the day I would finally be off to Hogwarts. I gathered up all my things and when it was time, we left for the train.

I expected us to be late but we weren't. Mattheo grabbed my stuff and put it on the train or more like it put itself on the train. My brothers quickly abandon me for their slytherin friends. Yeah just leave me alone when I have no idea what to do or where to sit. I caught one of Mattheos friends staring at me but he quickly looked away when he saw my eyes on him. I boarded the train and found an empty cabin to sit in and closed the doors behind me. I could see people running past the door, rushing to find an empty cabin, but they were probably out of luck.

I was looking out the window at the platform when I heard a knock on the door. I turned to see two girls standing in front of the now open door.

"Hi, sorry to bother you but there are no other open cabins, do you mind?" the shorter blond-haired one asked

"Oh, sure" I smiled, trying to be polite. I was not very used to talking to strangers or people in general, my father rarely let me out of the house or even if he did, it was just to walk around in the gardens or for a quick trip into town. I never had any friends, just my brothers and the house elf.

The girls came in and sat opposite of me. "I'm Evelyn" the blond-haired one greeted in a high voice "And this is Olivia." She pointed to the other girl who had wavy black hair. The girl looked at me upon hearing her name. "What's your name?"

"Circe" I replied

"Well nice to meet you Circe" I tried to give a small smile but I wasn't really good at it.

The girl might have even been the nicest person I had ever known, not that I knew a lot of people to begin with.

"Do you have any siblings?" I asked, trying to make small talk to lighten the mood

"No, do you?"

"Yeah, I have two older brothers"

"Do they go to school here?"

"Yeah, they are both in slytherin"

Another girl walked into the cabin and Evelyn smiled "On and this is Harper"

"Sorry, my brothers made us late and then I couldn't find you" She noticed me "Oh, hi I didn't see you, what's your name"

"Circe"

"Great!" She sat next to me and started talking to Evelyn. I tuned them out and looked out the window as the train started moving.   

751 words