Chapter 14

Akane Asha

"Here," Dabi said, handing her a roll of bandages. Akane took them and tucked them into her belt pouch.

"Thanks." She tightened the strap around her sword guard. "I still don't get why they're asking you to come along with me. We're facing an Upper Moon for god's sake!"

"I'll be fine. I have you." Akane sighed but nodded nervously. She was still new to the whole dating thing but Dabi said she was doing fine. "Stop worrying, I can take care of myself." Akane sighed and gave him a side hug. "I love you too but let's go."

"Okay, okay. I'm hurrying!"

💮 ⛈ 💮

"See anything?" Akane asked. They were somewhere up north. She'd noticed most of their missions were up north. So weird. No one else had noticed it, or they did but didn't say anything.

"No," Dabi replied. "I'll check that building. If I'm not back in ten minutes, send backup."

"I'm going with you."

"No, you're not." Akane opened her mouth to protest but closed it again. "You know I'm right."

"Don't die." Dabi hugged her.

"I'll try." With that, he disappeared into the building. Akane sucked in a breath as she waited. Seconds ticked by. Then a minute. And another. Another. Five minutes now. Where is he? Akane thought. He'll be fine. Right? He said he'd be back. Eight minutes... Akane started pacing. 30 seconds. Akane looked towards the building Dabi had gone into. Ten minutes. He wasn't back. Only then did she notice how quiet the place was. There was no sound at all. No sign of any living thing.

"Touya?!" No answer. "Touya!" Again no answer. She called him three more times. No answer. "TOUYA!" No answer. Akane took off in a run. Quietly, she sneaked in and was careful to make no noise.

"I don't think he came with anyone," a voice growled. "Let's just go back, Douma. Just ask Master Muzan what do to with him." Akane suppressed a gasp. It was Upper Moon Three, Akaza, and Upper Moon Two, Douma.

"Let's just go," another voice said. A female one. Upper Moon Six, Daki. Akane drew her sword. But before she could do anything, someone pinned her against the wall. She caught a glimpse of green-brown hair. Gyutaro.

"Looks like he did come with someone," Gyutaro growled. Akane swung her sword and cut off his arm.

"Hands off," Akane said, kicking Guytaro away. Douma was holding Dabi hostage. His fingers dug into Dabi's chest and he had his hand over Dabi's mouth. Dabi's sword was on the ground at Akaza's feet. There was no way she could face four demons and save Dabi at the same time. She tried her best to fight them but Daki manages to pin her down.

"Kill the boy," Emmu said. "Master will want to see his daughter."

"No!" Akane tried to stand up but Daki shoved her down. Her body was aching from using so many breathing techniques. And she was wounded but barely. She could see the blood oozing out of the wounds on Dabi's chest. Douma held Dabi in place so he couldn't move at all. There's only one thing left to do... "Shinobu! Kyojuro!" The demons tried to shut her up but Akane kicked them. She ran towards the door, after a nod from Dabi. "Obanai! Giyu! HELP! Mitsuri! Gyomei! Muichiro! Tengen! SANEMI! HELP!" Emmu appeared in front of her and with a blink from the eye on his hand, she sunk into darkness.