Chapter 9

Akane Asha

"No," Akane said, making Zenitsu halt. "Do it like this!" Akane helped him correct his form. "See? It's easier."

"Oh," Zenitsu said. "I get it now!" Akane laughed and shook her head as her phone rang. She declined the call. Whoever it was could wait, her schedule said she was training with Zenitsu.

"Lady Asha!" Nezuko shouted, running over to Akane and Zenitsu. "Can you help me for a little while?"

"Sure," Akane replied. She'd already tried to help Inosuke. It didn't work out, he just yelled at her. "Here, lift your sword like this. It might make it easier."

"Does it work for you?"

"Mhm."

"Then, it'll probably work for us." Akane corrected Nezuko's sword movements again and then went to help Zenitsu. Her phone rang again. "Lady Asha! Your phone's ringing! Hawks is calling you." Akane sighed and picked up the phone. She lifted it to her ear while she watched Zenitsu practice his first form.

"Hey, I'm teaching right now."

"Yeah, I know," Hawks grumbled. "Dabi's in the hospital, I thought you'd like to know."

"What?! Why didn't you just start with that?!"

"I don't know, maybe because you hung up on Endeavor?"

"I told him to lose my number. Where?"

"Kamino hospital."

"Thanks, bye. I'm on my way." Akane hung up before he could say anything. She glanced at Nezuko and Zenitsu, who waved for her to go. "Thank you! I'll send Tomioka over!" She sent her Kasugai Crow to find Giyu before heading to the hospital.

💮 ⛈ 💮

"I'm here!" Akane shouted, stopping next to Mitsuri, who was there with Obanai. "What happened?"

"He was with us because-" Mitsuri started.

"The three of us were out and about," Obanai said, vaguely. She raised her eyebrow when Obanai didn't go on. He didn't elaborate so she let it slide. "Then All for One came with three demons. Kanroji and I fought the demons. We lost sight of Dabi. The second we look over, he's on the ground with All for One standing over him."

"Yeah! He said to tell you Muzan and says hi. And that Dabi lost his quirk."

"WHAT?!" Akane shouted. Mitsuri nodded.

"You should go in... he's refusing to see everyone." Akane nodded weakly. She walked over and knocked on the door.

"Go away," Dabi's voice shouted.

"Touya?" Akane asked, poking her head inside. "Hey." Dabi was hiding under the covers but she could see a little bit of his black hair. She sat down at the edge of the bed.

"Go away."

"Even me?" He poked his head out from under the covers a little and saw it was Akane.

"No." The blankets moved around and Dabi put his head on her lap. He looked sad as he curled up close to Akane.

"How are you feeling?"

"Not great." Akane threads her fingers through his soft raven black hair. "I don't feel like I'm burning up anymore."

"That's good." He'd always complain that he was hot when they lived in the alleyway. "Oh. I visited the alleyway house. Someone went there."

"That was me." Dabi buried his head against her and Akane pulled the blanket up to his neck. "I missed you a lot so whenever it got too unbearable, I'd go back and stay there." Akane's heart swelled with sadness. They didn't usually talk about their fight. It hurt. This was something they both regretted. Akane looked down at Dabi, who wouldn't meet her eyes. She knew he was trying to avoid the topic.