Chapter 4

Akane Asha

"So what's the plan?" Akane asked the Hashira. "Just going to jump headfirst into something?"

"That's what they want us to do," Obanai said.

"Headfirst into a battle with no plan?!" Akane groaned and hit her head on the wall. "The heroes have a plan but they want the Demon Slayers to help whenever they need help?"

"Pretty much," Sanemi replied as he propped his feet up on the coffee table. The Hashira were at Hawks' apartment since he had a meeting and Akane was cleaning. "Why is his apartment so messy?"

"He's the number two hero. A lot of stuff to do I guess." Akane picked up one of the pots and put it in the kitchen sink.

"You're the only one that they assigned a place to," Kyojuro said. "Endeavor said he wants to talk to you." Akane rolled her eyes as she passed the living room again. Mitsuri and Obanai were the other two occupying the couch. Shinobu and Giyu sat at the dining table with Kyojuro and Muichiro. Gyomei and Tengen sat at the counter.

"Of course he does." Akane nearly dropped the book she was carrying. "Something about Touya, I'm sorry I was the one that drove him to burn himself, I'm sorry you had to be part of our family troubles, I'm trying to make amends, yadda yadda yadda, I hate him, so no."

"Hate is a strong word, Asha," Gyomei said. "Do you really hate him?" Akane paused. She was used to people doubting her.

"If you'd seen Touya after I stapled him again, you would hate him too." Akane blew out a shaky breath. "What he did, I can't forgive. Touya was a mess after that happened. He nearly lost his mind. I think after I left, he really did lose his mind." She walked over and put the book on the shelf. "He tried to attempt suicide when I went out for ten minutes. Ten!"

"While that might be true," Shinobu said. "I still think you should talk to him." She paused for a moment. "Oh! Nezuko asked you to take care of Rokuta again!" Akane looked over at Shinobu.

"You remember this now?" She laughed nervously before passing the box to Akane, who rolled her eyes. Akane set the box on the ground and Rokuta poked his head out. "Hi, Rokuta." Rokuta climbed into Mitsuri's lap and fell asleep. Giyu walked over to the window and shut the blinds while Kyojuro turned on the lamp.

"Where are we stationing the Demon Slayers?" Obanai asked. "I mean seriously! No plan?" Akane tapped her chin, thinking. "Asha's got a plan."

"Sort of?"

"Just tell us," Tengen exclaimed. "Together we shall create a flamboyant plan!" The Hashira sighed.

"What if three of you went to aid the heroes, three of you went to help defeat Toga, and three of you to defeat Shigaraki? Makio, Suma, and Hinatsuru can go with Uzui. Nezuko, Zenitsu, and Inosuke go with Kanroji. Kanao and Aoi go with Kocho." They nodded.

"Wait, who's going with you?" Muichiro asked. "Aren't you facing Dabi?"

"Yes? I'll be fine, don't worry!"

"Are you sure?" Gyomei asked. "He is a villain after all."

"I'm sure." Akane walked into the kitchen and pulled out snacks. "Movie after we discuss who is going with who?" They agreed after Akane explained what a movie was. Tengen, his wives, Gyomei, and Muichiro were going to face All for One. Giyu, Shinobu, Kanao, Aoi, and Sanemi were facing Toga. Mitsuri, Obanai, Kyojuro, Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Inosuke were facing Shigaraki.

"What movie are we watching?" Tengen asked. "Something flamboyant?!"

"If Encanto is flamboyant enough then yes." Akane laughed. This was the last day before they had to move to the Troy.

💮 ⛈ 💮

"Sorry for making you all worry," Shoto said as Akane sat at the windowsill in his room. Iida, Kirishima, and surprisingly Bakugou were there. "I'm fine now."

"I completely understand," Iida said. "I have a brother too."

"I can't compare myself to you at all. I don't even know what my older brother Touya likes or dislikes." Akane snorted as she looked out the window. That was an understatement.

"But I'll bet you a million bucks that self-boiling freak loves udon," Bakugou said.

"Ha... If that's the case. I wouldn't mind going for dinner with him sometime." Akane smiled. Bakugou noticed.

"What?" She looked out the window again, smiling softly.

"He used to love udon," Akane said. "That's all he would make. Oh, and soba... and shabu shabu!" She laughed bitterly. "I wonder if he still likes those things."

"I'm sure he does," Shoto said. "What was he like?" Akane's smile fell.

"Were they all bad memories?" Kirishima asked.

"What? No!" Akane said. "It's just he wasn't in a very good place when we left and it's just not something I want to talk about unless I get permission from him." The group nodded.

"You're a good friend to him." Akane smiled a little. "It takes a lot of courage to keep something like that a secret."