Chapter 2

Nezuko Kamado

When Nezuko opened her eyes, she spotted Tanjiro asleep next to her. He had a bamboo muzzle on. She shot up when she heard arguing.

"What were you thinking?!" Akane's voice shouted. Why was Akane mad? She was always so happy and kind. "If you killed Tanjiro, I would never forgive you!" Nezuko sat up.

"Enough shouting," the man said. He turned to Nezuko, who was sitting looking at the adults. "Head to Mt Sagiri. When you meet a man named Urokodaki, tell him Giyu Tomioka sent you."

💮 Time Skip to the trip to Mount Natagumo 💮

"Come on, Zenitsu," Nezuko said, all but dragging her new friend towards the mountain.

"I don't want to!" Zenitsu cried. Inosuke grunted and ran off.

"Inosuke!" Nezuko shouted, chasing after him. She looked over her shoulder at Zenitsu. "Let's go, Zenitsu! Before we lose Inosuke!" Zenitsu stayed where he was, making Nezuko sigh. She tried. Maybe he would find Akane. Nezuko caught up with Inosuke and the fight of Natagumo began. Soon, she came to face Rui, who was the true Lower Moon Five. Tanjiro was stuck in Rui's web and Nezuko was about to be killed. A sword cut through the cage before it could hurt Nezuko. Tomioka landed in front of Nezuko.

"You did well on your own," Tomioka said. "Leave the rest to the Hashira now." Tomioka looked at Rui, who threw out an attack. He just stood there. No attack hurt Tomioka. Tomioka simply walked forward while Rui was panicking and cut off the demon's head. Akane landed beside Nezuko and Tanjiro.

"You did well," Akane murmured. Tomioka walked over to them. Nezuko opened her mouth to say thank you to him for sparing Tanjiro but Tomioka shoved Akane down and deflected a sword. A girl with a butterfly hairpin now stood a couple of feet away from the group.

"My, my, Tomioka," she said. "You do know that is a demon you're protecting. This makes you hypocritical. You said demons and humans can't be friends." Akane shoved Nezuko behind her.

"Take Tanjiro and run," Akane hissed. Nezuko simply nodded, picked up her brother, and ran. You have to run. Save Tanjiro! Tanjiro gripped his sister's haori as she ran. Someone kicked her back, making her drop Tanjiro. A female with a similar butterfly hairpin went to kill Tanjiro but Nezuko grabbed her coat.

"Tanjiro!" Nezuko screamed. "Run!" The girl quickly knocked Nezuko out. She prayed that Tanjiro would get to safety.

💮 Akane's P.O.V 💮

"She got caught," Giyu sighed as the pair stood at the Master's house where the Hashira were gathering.

"Of course," Akane said. "She was wounded." Akane held her wrists behind her back. "I hope they aren't too worried that we now have two demons in the same condition." She watched Nezuko argue with the other Hashira. Only Sanemi hadn't arrived. "Shinazugawa's late."

"It's nearly time." Akane glazed at the sky, making Giyu look up as well.

"It's a beautiful day out. Why fight with each other on a day like this?"

"Asha," Kyojuro called. Akane looked over at them. "We require your wisdom." He said this in a joking manner, making Akane roll her eyes as she walked over to them with Giyu trailing behind.

"What is it?"

"Should we kill them?" Tengen asked. "I shall do it flamboyantly if so!"

"No, we shouldn't."

"You're only saying that because you know her," Obanai countered. Akane exhaled through her nose before looking at the Serpent Hashira.

"You're right, I do know them. But Rokuta is their sibling." Akane stared at the other Hashira. "If we let Rokuta live, why not Tanjiro?"

"She has a point," Mitsuri said. Nezuko was watching them, fearfully. Akane knelt next to Nezuko and untied her wrists. No one stopped her.

"Rokuta's alive?" Nezuko asked. Akane nodded slowly, mildly confused. "Why do you look confused?"

"I sent a crow to you telling you he was," Akane replied.

"I never got a crow from you! I didn't know you were a Hashira either!" Akane glanced at the other Hashira, who had similar looks of alarm.

"If you didn't get the message, who did?"

"Asha," Shinobu said. "I think... we need your friend's help." Akane glanced at the ground. "What's wrong?"

"He'd never help." Akane stood up. "I'll try but I can't promise anything. Tell Master I apologize for missing the meeting. Let him know what happened and that I'm getting in touch with them." Akane glanced at Shinobu. "Kocho, I will go to the Butterfly Estate when I return."