Chapter 11

Akane Asha

💮 Day One 💮

"Are you sure?" Akane asked Obanai for what had to be the 500th time that day already. Dabi had already left.

"Yes, I'm sure!" Obanai said. "I've already said this!" Akane sighed and looked away.

"Sorry. I just worry."

"Yeah, well we all are. Just go find something to do." Akane could tell Obanai was annoyed with her. Honestly, she was sure everyone else was too. So, she went back to her room and shut the door. She sat down and got under the covers. While she sat there, she watched the people go by below the window. The door creaked open and Akane looked over to find Rokuta waddling into the room.

"Hey, kiddo." Akane slid her legs to the other side of the bed and pulled Rokuta up. "How you doing?" Rokuta held up a picture. It was a picture of Dabi, or that's what Akane thought. "Oh. Touya went to Final Selection." He wilted against Akane.

"Hphm," Rokuta said.

"He'll be back in a week." If he survives, Akane's mind thought. Rokuta pouted some more as a weak smile ghosted Akane's face.

"HM!" Rokuta poked Akane's nose, making her laugh a little.

"Yes, you got my nose." Akane poked Rokuta's nose. "And I got yours." Rokuta went to grab the hand that held his 'nose' but Akane held her hand out of his reach. "No! Not till you give me mine back."

"Mm!" Rokuta poked her nose again and Akane did the same. He put his hands over his nose, making Akane laugh.

"I'm not going to take it again." She played with Rokuta for a while before it was time to go to bed. One day down. Six more to go... ugh.

💮 Day Two 💮

"Aaaaaaaaah," Akane complained, hitting her head against the wall. Rokuta and Aiko looked over at her. Obanai, Sanemi, and Giyu sighed. Mitsuri looked at Akane with pity. Shinobu giggled softly. Gyomei muttered a prayer. Kyojuro and Tengen chuckled. And Muichiro...just stared at the clouds.

"Are you alright, Lady Asha?" Iida asked.

"Nope." Akane hit her head against the wall again.

"She's worried about Dabi," Momo said.

"Of course I am! My best friend just went to fight demons for the first time! And he could die..." I hope he doesn't run into...that demon. Akane looked out the window. There was another reason she hadn't trained Dabi. One she only told the Hashira. Giyu seemed to read her thoughts.

"I'm sure that won't happen," Giyu said. "The chances of that are low."

"He still could," Shinobu said. Akane shot a glare at her before leaving the room. Once she was out of sight, tears rolled down her cheeks. Gods. Why did I have to capture that demon for Final Selection?! If he finds Touya, he'll be killed.

💮 Day Three (Dabi) 💮

Dabi sliced the head off of a demon that had tried to kill him. It was night time and thanks to Obanai's advice, he managed to survive. He'd told Dabi to stay hidden during the nighttime instead of running around trying to find demons to hunt even though that'd be the best time to practice fighting demons.

"God," Dabi grumbled. "This is so easy."

"I smell that stupid Thunder Hashira...." a voice growled. Dabi drew his Nichirin sword again and ducked beneath a bush. "I'll make you pay for trapping me here..." A demon emerged from the clearing across from Dabi. "You're not the Thunder Hashira... but you're her trainee..." Without another word, he lunged at Dabi, who swung his sword.