Epilogue

Last chapter, not including bonuses that I might post.

It's bittersweet, honestly, because I loved the short time in which I wrote this.

I'd say it's been a journey, but seriously.

It's barely been a month.

I'll save that speech for a milestone or something.

As always, I hope you enjoy <3

"Bottom of the ninth, and exactly who you wanted to save the game, iiit's Knuckles!"

Tom announced dramatically, narrating an intense baseball game between the three aliens.

"But staring him down from the pitcher's mound, the fastest fastball in Green Hills, iiit's Sonic!"

Maddie added, playing the part of announcer well.

"And right behind both, the brains and beauty of the bunch, it's Tails Prower!"

Tom finished, then blew a whistle and signaled the start of the final inning.

Phweet!

Sonic reared back his arm, ready to pitch, and Tails readied her mitt.

Knuckles looked confused about how to hold a bat.

"What am I supposed to do with this stick?"

He asked, tilting it and holding it upside down.

"You hit it!"

Sonic called, pausing his windup.

"You hold the bat at the bottom, where the grip is,  and you hit the baseball with it."

Tails supplied, momentarily lifting her mask.

"And this is what you call 'the fun'?"

Knuckles questioned, still confused about the bat.

"Alright, for real this time!"

Tom called, then blew the whistle again.

Phweet!

Sonic wound up, then released the baseball at lightning speed.

Knuckles, exasperated with the bat, dropped it and simply punched the ball.

Tails blinked in surprise, then got up from her crouch and raised her mask, watching in awe as the ball shot straight through the woods, leaving burning holes behind.

Knuckles cheered and started slowly running the bases.

Sonic chuckled at Knuckles' enthusiasm, placed his elbow on Tails' head, and leaned on her right after she came over.

Which she did not appreciate.

"I'm not your personal armrest Sonic."

She deadpanned, crossing her arms as his elbow flattened her ears.

(The stuff short people have to go through)

((I need to see a fanart of this please if any of you are artistically talented please draw this.))

He just laughed, removing his elbow and picking her up instead.

"Hey! I'm not a sack of potatoes either!"

Tails squealed, then huffed as he placed her on his shoulders.

"See, now you're not short anymore."

Sonic said, grinning up at her.

She recrossed her arms.

"I'm not short..."

She pouted, then giggled as Sonic reached up and booped her nose.

"You are, but it's cute."

Sonic said, smiling at her adorable giggle.

"Ha ha! I am having 'the fun'!"

Knuckles cheered from home base, raising his fists in victory.

"Hey, since we lost the baseball, why don't we go get ice cream?"

Maddie suggested, still gazing at the smoking holes in the trees left by Knuckles' punch.

"Ice creaaam!!!"

Sonic cheered, then laughed as Tails launched herself off his shoulders and zipped over to the truck.

Tom smiled at his alien kids, then laughed as Knuckles realized what was going on and hurried to catch up.

As Maddie climbed into the driver's seat and got the car started, Tom grabbed the cooler and heaved it into the back of the truck.

He spared a single glance at the Master Emerald nestled inside the cooler, then shut the lid and climbed into the shotgun seat beside Maddie.

And that's the end.

Well, that was a lot of fun.

And now Imma go work on another story, a Pietro x OC Age Of Ultron fanfic if any of y'all are Marvel fans!

Hope y'all had a wonderful day!

Peace Out!

-GV