Chapter The Sixth

There's a super long time skip between Chapter Five and Chapter Six.

First, nothing.

Then, a quiet mumble.

Then the quiet mumble grew louder and Tails recognized it as Sonic's voice.

"Everyone I'm close to ends up getting hurt. That fox girl Tails? She stuck with me through Siberia. She trusted me with her life; look where it got her!"

His familiar voice, filled with remorse, restarted her senses and gave her brain a wake-up call.

"I have to do this on my own."

Tails opened her eyes to see Sonic zoom away, and she reached out, calling his name.

"Sonic!"

Too late.

Somehow, she was always too late.

"Sonic wait- agh!"

She had just woken up from surviving an explosion and avalanche.

Whoops, she forgot about that.

Tails' body failed, and she flopped to the ground like a bag of noodles.

"Woah, take it easy."

An unfamiliar human said, looking at her with worried eyes.

Sonic had mentioned a Tom, maybe that's why this human isn't terrified of me.

"Yeah, you got pretty beat up hon!"

Another unfamiliar human, this time female, took her hand and helped her stand back up.

This must be Maddie, Sonic also mentioned a Maddie.

She tried to take another step, but fell again, this time being caught by the humans.

"But he doesn't know what he's up against! I have to help him!"

From here until the end of the chapter, I'm not following the movie. I don't know how Tails got her airplane, so I'm making something up. First OG content! Yay!

"But you have no way of getting to him. You're in no condition to fly, and you're not fast enough to run across the water."

Maddie gently reminded her.

Tails frowned, thinking.

"There wouldn't happen to be any planes around, would there?"

She suggested, remembering how she had trained hard to learn how to fly a plane as well as teaching herself to fly on her own.

It seemed like the universe was on her side, as a scary-looking woman in a wedding dress piped up seconds later.

"I got a plane, little fox girl. Follow me."

Tails was a little unsure, but Maddie nodded at her, signaling that it was safe.

The scary bride lady led the fox to a shiny red biplane with the name Tornado parked on the beach.

"I just need you to do me a quick favor, yes? Do you see that banner?

Bride Lady pointed to a banner attached to the back of the plane, bearing the message "Rachel + Randall 4ever"

"I want you to slice that banner into as many pieces as possible, then put the remains into the nearest raging inferno you can find."

She said with a sadistic grin on her face.

Tails blinked, shook her head, then nodded.

"Uhhh... okay. Thanks for letting me borrow the plane, Bride Lady!"

She said, hopping into the Tornado and revving the engine.

"Call me Rachel!"

The lady shouted over the roar of the engine.

Tails gave a thumbs up in reply before the plane took off into the sky.

Okay, now to go and find Sonic!

And preferably yell at him for leaving me behind!

I'm sorry, this isn't up to scratch in my mind.

I have a reason for it though!

Whereas all the other chapters are copied down from the notes I took five months ago, I came up with this chapter today and with very little info from the movie!

So, I apologize for the crappy OG chapter.

I guess y'all know now why I like writing fanfics instead of a book of my own _:)

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this more than I did!

Heavy inspiration was taken from Rachel in this chapter and the next one :)

-GV