Chapter The Eighth

Big battle time! >:D

"Okay, what's the plan?"

Tails asked Sonic, nervously eyeing the imposing robot glaring at them.

"Yes, the plan..."

Sonic trailed off.

"You do have a plan, right?"

Tails asked incredulously.

"I have a plan! Yeah, I have a plan. Okay. Knuckles, use your strength to..."

Knuckles didn't wait for him to finish.

He got into a skydiving position, crossed his arms, and deliberately fell off the plane.

"...jump off the plane. Wow. Okay, this is what we're gonna do. Step one, light taunting."

He climbed on top of the Tornado and crouched like Spider-Man.

"Step two, I have no idea."

Tails sighed worriedly, already knowing how this was going to turn out, but she flew over to the robot anyway.

"Nice action figure Eggman! Does it do anything or just stand around looking ugly?"

Sonic taunted, crossing his arms cockily.

Then, Tails circled the Tornado around to come at the robot from a different angle.

She lined it up perfectly, keeping half an eye on Sonic to make sure he was keeping his balance.

After making sure he was good, she looked back at the robot and her eyes widened.

"Oh."

The Giant EggBot shot thousands of missiles at the tiny plane, forcing Tails to take defensive measures.

All her pilot lessons paid off and she just barely dodged all of the missiles, then looked back as they exploded against the mountains behind them.

"Woah..."

Sonic said, then sighed in relief and smiled gently at Tails.

"Nice job Tails."

Tails grinned at him proudly.

And then a final missile swept Sonic off the plane.

"Sonic!"

Tails called, circling the Tornado around to try and follow him.

"I'm good! I have an idea! Go shoot the EggBot, I've got this thing!"

He called back, riding the missile like he had the Tornado.

"Okay Sonic!"

Tails called, then flew the plane back around and took out her artillery, shooting at the EggBot's face.

She swept around a few times, shooting at his face and then pulling up before he could hit her.

It was almost too easy.

She was taken by surprise when the metal mustache of the robot snapped forward and caught her left wing, destroying it and sending her into a downward spiral.

"Craaap!"

Tails screamed as she desperately tried to save the Tornado.

Time seemed to slow and she expertly analyzed her damaged vehicle, then sighed sadly.

The wing was beyond repair, and she wouldn't be able to fix it in time.

The Tornado was doomed.

The least I can do is fulfill my promise, even if I can't save this gorgeous plane.

Quickly grabbing the banner, she tore it up and poured the pieces into the fuel box.

There. Now I've kept my promise.

She patted the side of the Tornado and sighed.

Goodbye Tornado. You've been a good plane.

Seconds before it hit the ground, Tails unfurled her double tails and flew out of the cockpit, wincing as it exploded behind her.

She cheered when she saw that Sonic was alright.

He had just attacked the EggBot and skidded backward, and Tails flew up behind him just as Knuckles arrived too.

"Okay, I have a plan, but we need to work together. I'll distract him. Tails, Knuckles, while he's distracted I need you guys to go up there and knock that Emerald out of his system. Ready?"

Tails and Knuckles nodded firmly.

"Go!"

Sonic bolted forward while Tails circled behind the EggBot, making an effort not to be seen.

Why must he always give himself the most dangerous job? Granted, he enjoys that dangerous job immensely, but still.

Tails wondered.

It seemed as though Sonic's plan was working, he ran and the robot followed, while Tails and Knuckles hitched a ride on the robot's back.

A/N Honestly, I think there MUST have been something injured with Tails' tails because if not, why not just fly to the top? That's the way I see it at least.

Tails tried to carry Knuckles up there, but her injuries wouldn't let her.

Plus, he was very heavy.

She was polite enough to not say it though, as Knuckles seemed the type to take offense very easily.

Battle Part Two coming out soon!

Inspiration was taken from these three vids, as well as what little I can remember from the movie! <3

As always, hope y'all enjoyed!

-GV