Chapter The Seventh

Tails flew towards the green glow, then panicked a bit when it disappeared.

Crap, there goes my only means of guidance!

She frantically looked around for some sort of landmark, then spotted something.

 Her heart sank as she saw some of the ocean collapsing in on itself, revealing bits of an underground chamber before the ocean swallowed it once more.

"Sonic..."

She murmured, her heart aching at the loss of her only friend.

Sadly circling her plane over the destroyed chamber, she spotted a small island out of the corner of her eye.

No harm in doing a little recon.

Eggman couldn't have gotten far, and if he was responsible for hurting Sonic...

He'll wish he was dead long before I even get started.

Flying over the island, Tails scanned the greenery for something.

Anything.

But nothing was there.

Just green leaves, green grass, ooh, some pretty pink flowers...

There!

A bright flash of blue, followed by a glimpse of red, down to her right!

Immediately pulling the Tornado into a nosedive, she flew down towards the little blurs, her heart speeding up in hope.

Thankfully, she had enough sense to level out the plane before simply crashing, seeing as it was their only way out of there. 

But instead of making sure it landed safely Tails jumped out and practically flew towards the blue blur that had taken up all available space in her heart.

"SONIC!!!"

She screamed as she tackled him in a hug.

"I thought you were dead, I saw the chamber thing collapse and the water just flooded in and how did you survive and you are in so much trouble with Tom and Maddie and Rachel is freaking terrifying and why in the galaxy did you insist on going by yourself-"

"Woah, woah, woah, slow down, I can't understand a word you're saying!"

Tails paused, took a deep breath, and gathered her thoughts before speaking again.

"Okay first of all: Oh my gosh, are you okay?"

She asked as she examined him anxiously.

"Yep, I'm fine. Nearly drowned, but I'm okay now."

Sonic said, smiling softly at her obvious concern for him.

"Oh good."

Tails breathed, slumping her shoulders and relaxing her posture in relief.

Anyone who knows me knows this is just the calm before the storm >:)

"Second of all: WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, YOU IDIOT!!!"

She practically screamed, throwing her hands in the air and her twin tails spinning angrily, making her hover slightly in the air.

"Now- hold on-"

Sonic seemed extremely unsettled at her expression.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS WHEN YOU JUST UP AND LEFT??? I WOKE UP AND YOU WEREN'T THERE!!! I NEARLY HAD A FREAKING HEART ATTACK!!! I NEARLY FLEW AFTER YOU MYSELF!!!"

Sonic tried to defend himself.

"I had to go after Eggman! He was trying to take the Master Emerald and-"

"DON'T YOU DARE MAKE EXCUSES WITH ME HEDGEHOG!!!"

Tails took a breath, closed her eyes, then tackled him in another hug, trying vainly to stop the tears springing up in her eyes.

"I am so mad at you, you furbrain."

He had the nerve to chuckle as she buried her face in his fur, stroking her head soothingly.

"I couldn't tell by the way you were yelling."

Tails gave a watery chuckle before pulling away and looking him in the eyes.

"Don't you ever do that to me again, you hear me Speedy?"

Sonic grinned bashfully, scratching the nape of his neck.

"I hear you."

"Am I the interrupting something, or are the two of you actioning oddly?"

Knuckles' curious but also slightly irritated voice cut in and Tails instantly got into a defensive pose.

Sonic held out an arm and shook his head.

"It's okay Tails, he's on our side now."

Tails gave him a strange look but relaxed her stance.

"Now, let's figure out how we get to Eggman and take that Emerald back. And also, where the heck did you get a plane?"

"Maddie's sister. She's scary!"

"I know right?"

Six hundred words (not including this A/N.)

I'm not gonna lie, I'm impressed with myself.

Ik six hundred isn't much compared to thousands, but it's a lot to me, especially when the notes I copied from were only like two hundred.

Anyway, how'd ya like it?

See you next chapter!

-GV