Chapter 9: Slow and Steady

For weeks, you had kept this little charade of yours up. Helping others, putting on a smile, acting all kinds of goodie two-shoes. It was making you feel physically ill. Especially helping out those brats. But no other way in getting close to the Chemical X, without risking a beat up. You had tried to ease them up by asking to do more around the house, maybe even helping the Professor with something, like a lab assistant, but so far they hadn't given you the opportunity yet. Of course you had also kept in contact with Him, telling about your success in your cover operation. So far, it had all gone pretty smoothly in your opinion. Though you weren't sure whether the Puffs truly trusted you yet. The blonde one seemed convinced and the redhead seemed to be easing up to it, but the black haired one... Seemed suspicious still. Though you didn't know whether it was just her normal behavior or whether you were special in that case. Still you tried your best to try and assure her that you had indeed changed. She DID like it, that she didn't have to do any chores when you were around. So maybe, breaking through to her, would be easier than initially thought. A few favors and some "thank you's", and she'd be all done. 

You felt a bit bad leaving Him and the boys alone for weeks but then again it'd all be worth it if you got your super powers. You could be more of use, and help out beating those brats. You only needed access to the laboratory, and you could easily snatch the Chemical from them. Your luck seemed to turn, when you noticed the Professor carrying some boxes, right where you needed to get to. You quickly offered to carry some of them for him. ;"Oh thank you Y/N. How kind of you." He said, you gave him a little smile ;"Always happy to help out!" While you were putting everything in place you decided to strike. "Sooo... I noticed how busy you've been with your science and all, and I was wondering are you sure there isn't anything I could help out with? Like even with heavy lifting like now or.." you tried. He pondered for a moment. "Y'know when the girls are out there, fighting crime I mean." You quickly added. ;"Hmmm.. I guess that's alright." He finally said. "Are you sure you're not overworking yourself though? You've been doing so much already." He asked you. ;"Oh it's no problem at all Professor, I'm already done with my other projects anyway." You reassured. "By the way is there anything in here I definitely, positively should NOT touch? Like an invention, any of those chemicals...?" You tried to test the waters. ;"Well there are a few prototypes I've already marked... as for chemicals I don't think there's anything to worry about, I now keep the most volatile ones locked up. Like Chemical X for example." You stopped for a moment. 'Of course it's locked up, shouldn't have thought otherwise.. Now how am I going to get it.. Maybe of I still had my blaster... maybe I could borrow one from Jojo? But would he be onboard?' You thought to yourself. ;"Chemical X? What's that?" You feigned ignorance. ;"It's an extemely powerful Chemical I used as an accidental ingredient when I made the girls" He explained to you. ;"Oh so THAT'S how they were made. Interesting!" You said clapping your hands together. So you definitely needed a plan on how to get the Chemical from the vault. You didn't have the key, nor did you have your blaster thanks to SOMEONE. Maybe if you faked an attack, and got the Professor to move the location, you'd have a chance to nab it for yourself. 

That evening, you were once again talking with Him, on your latest discovery. ;"So in short, I need the boys to fake an attack, to get to it." You explained. "That's the fastest way. They already think I'm on their side, and faking to help them is easy. Those brats won't know what hit them." You told him. ;"Hm, that sounds like a wonderful plan dear. I'll let the boys know. They'll be pleased to have another chance to beat those Powerpuffs." He answered. ;"And I'll be more pleased when I can finally help out in battles more and be a bit more like you!" You said excitedly. Him gave a little laugh. ;"You sure flatter me." He said. ;"Why of course I do dear, who WOULDN'T want to be as powerful as you?" You asked. The two of you went back and forth like this for a long time over the phone, laughing, sharing compliments. You almost wanted to say those three little words to Him. But you weren't sure if now was a good time, or whether he even felt the same. Sure you both used pet names, and had all in all had a good time together, but was it too early to say "I love you?" You decided for the time being to keep it to yourself. Even though you wanted to say it so badly. Maybe once you got your powers, you would have the courage to tell him. Maybe. You'd just have to get him alone, saying it in front of the boys definitely would be a doomed idea. Those little b-eautiful children didn't really understand these kind of matters anyway. They were simply too young to get it. Not that they were 'bad kids' they were just ignorant on the matter. But nevertheless they were part of Him's family, and you did want to be on their good side. They had been most helpful during the battle, eventhough they didn't win, they tried their very best, and you definitely didn't want to see them get hurt again as badly as that. Now they'd be the key element on getting the Chemical X. And the only way for you to get Super powers.