Attitude Problems

Start from the beginning

"I think Jeff has something, he's been waiting for you all day." I was surprised to find Anne not uttering a word of contradiction.

Storming into the main lobby where usually everyone convenes, I find Jeffrey, Jack, Sam, and Macy all huddled in an immersed conversation.

"Hello, guys." I greet when finally Jeffrey raises his head to watch me walk towards their group with Anne dangling from behind.

"Who's gonna tell her?" Jack whispers to Sam, Jeffrey cleared his throat loudly as a sign of my approach.

"Tell me what?" I take a seat at my usual spot, the very end of the rectangular table. I watch as one by one of them gulp intensely. A slight push was given to Sam, an invitation to do what should be done.

"We've tracked Chavez." He starts, I raise my eyebrow and try to listen intently to whatever he might have to say next.

"Go on." My voice was slightly firm, it wasn't how I usually am. I wasn't rude to them whatsoever, I just don't know where the fear comes from.

"Your daughter is alive. Therese is alive, Angie." Sam announces, a cheer was heard from Anne not afar. It took me a minute to process the joyous news, I clapped a hand to my mouth trying to contain my tears.

"We will raid the location at dusk so then we can make sure that both of them are inside the house. That is if you grant the permission to take action." Sam ends his speech with it silencing the whole room, waiting, waiting, waiting, for my approval.

"All action should be taken immediately, get everything ready by dusk." I finally speak up, and with that, he nods and exits his way to the door. Soon, I was the only person left inside.

I ask myself, aren't you happy? She's alive Angie. Turns out, this day wasn't just a regular day. Today might be the day of our union. Shall I fear not of what faith my poor Therese has landed.

I guess finally, I'll have the chance to have her back in my arms again. The chance to reclaim her as mine, the chance to make up the years I wasn't there to protect her, but now, it might all happen. Tonight, I will be whole once again as the missing piece of me reconciles.

I didn't notice yet tears were elegantly sliding down my cheeks, till I just shattered. It was a moment of uncontrollable sobbing, where even how low the Ac was, I was sweating. My body slid down the chair as I crashed on the floor, my heart racing, and my mind debating loudly.

I'm not happy as I thought I was, even now.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Martin Chavez, you are under arrest for the crime of kidnapping and physical assault. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have a right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you." Silently having the adrenaline, I watched as Jeffrey handcuffed Martin.

Martin was one of my main detectives. I don't know what happened, he just changed himself after the death of her wife Selene. He worked for me, loyal, endeavored, and alert.

He was close to a perfect guy until he changed, and then one night he vanished like a trace of smoke with my baby girl.

There at the very corner was a little girl, curled into a tiny ball who silently wept. I was frightened when we were outside waiting for the perfect timing to crash the place when suddenly we heard loud thuds and a yell from Martin. That was when I panicked.

I bent down to check on her, Anne was with me the whole time, guiding me, assisting,  and doing the lightest things I could easily do. I placed a hand on her chin, slowly lifting it to get a full view of her features.