Ball Part 1

WOW! Hi new readers and followers! I want to thank mesmericstyles for plugging this story and I really hope you have been enjoying it! Thank you Thank you Thank you! I apologize for any spelling and grammar mistakes. I just really wanted to update for you guys!

I looked at myself once more in the mirror just to make sure that I would be acceptable to my father, even though the thought of what Mae might think crossed my mind as well.

Stop it.

Mae was finally considering me her partner. I can't let my feelings get in the way of that. But what kind of feeling were they?

I didn't have a clue. Science would tell me that her pheremones, being that of an attractable mate, have made me feel the needs and desires for her to mate with. Strictly animalistic.

But my own knowledge of human behavior tells me that there is something more to be wanted. For instance, care, understanding...
and the strongest feeling? Trust.

I wish she could trust me the way I trust her. I told her I no longer trusted her, but that was false.

I heard the loud clank of my sisters bedroom door and I quickly made my way out of my own room. Looking to my right I saw Gemma, looking as elegant as ever in a pink sequined dress, her hair and make-up done perfectly as always and when she looked at me, her usual playful smirk grew on her lips.

"She's just finishing up in there. Go get her tiger," she walked over patting my chest lightly.

"It's not-" I tried to argue but I couldn't finish that statement truthfully.

"Right," Gemma walked past and down the large staircase to join the party.

Taking a deep breath and adjusting my jacket one more time, I finally knocked on the door.

"Come in," I heard the muffled response. One more deep breath and I'm ready to finally open the door. But once I see her, I'm no longer ready to face anything. She is sat at the edge of my sisters bed trying to strap one of the black, extremely tall, stiletto heels around her ankle.

"Ugh, thank God, can you help me? I'm clearly inept when it comes to being a girl," she leaned back onto her elbows and kicked up her leg.

Problem was, I was still frozen from her beauty. Ruby red lips, eyes surrounded in smokey glittered eye shadow that enhanced her golden brown green eyes and brought them to life. The dress was a deep red that matched lips I all of a sudden wanted to be on mine, and the intricate gold rope sewn into the bodice, leading to the oversized floor length gown that had a train bunched behind her current lifted leg. She looked like royalty.

Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

"I'm sorry?" She looked at me as if I had said something aloud and I suddenly worried I had actually said those words for her to hear.

"I didn't say anything," I moved my way over to her out stretched leg and got down on one knee to place her heeled foot on my other knee and pushed up the length of her red dress. When my hand skimmed her leg it was so soft, and pale, it reminded me of freshly fallen snow, and when I followed the leg up to the rest of her form, I forgot why I was on bended knee.

"You ok?" She asked when I still hadn't strapped the heel.

"Yeah, sorry," I shook my mind away from her beauty and got down to the job at hand. Which was trying to buckle the strap of her heel.

"You look..." I couldn't think of any word that could describe how I saw her at that moment.

"Ridiculous, I know," she rolled her eyes and leaned forward to see what I was doing.