Chapter 16: A Piece Of What Was Used To Be

Written september 14th, 2022

It was Monday, most students were gone for their Christmas vacation. Y/N already agreed before with Eoin, that she would visit the second week. Giving her plenty of time to think about a reason to cancel that second week.

After her confession, about her Vampirism, she disappeared to her dorm. Where she could be alone with her loyal friend. Ada was out, and her crow regularly checked in so they could pass letters to each other. Her pillows, that were covered in an emerald green, where now black due to her tears. She didn't dare to sleep, fearing that she would see her worst fear there.

She wanted nothing more than to get comforted by Remus, who tried his hardest to get to her. But she blocked every single way of contact. He tried to find a way, finding it easier due to the fact that most students were out.

But even then, it looked suspicious to others if he would visit her common room. No, she needed to come to him, on her own account. He was worried, actually frightened when he learned that Y/N was a vampire.

A vampire of a rare bloodline, a rather strong one too. Not a simple undead creature, but a lord. He knew that she didn't leave her room, making him worried, knowing that she probably was drying out. Y/N was only eating human food, to appear normal. The hot drinks, made her body gain a normal color, it made her body warm.

Her eyes, that would have their normal glow, was all a lie. He even wondered how old she really was. Was she actually 18? Or a lot older? He had all sorts of questions, but he knew he shouldn't ask them straight away. She needed to gain trust in him, before she would actually open up.

On the other side, he was sort of relieved that she was undead. He knew that she wouldn't be infected by him, once he would transform. She wouldn't be a victim, he realized that she was now more of a match for him, then he thought before.

Y/N looked at the ceiling, drying her face. The soft growls from Garmr made her look. "I don't want to run into him." She propped herself up on her elbows, looking at the red glowing orbs. Shaking her head when the dog started whining. "Yes, I am hungry, but I can't. If I drain too much, there is a chance they become infected." She narrowed her eyes, telling her dog to stop.

Garmr gave her the small hints to take a walk, even if it was just for him. And after a lot of whining she admitted her defeat. "Okay, let's go. But not too long please." They got up, Garmr happily wiggling his tail as Y/N stumbled behind him.

Once outside, the fresh air hit her in the face. The wind moving her hair behind her head. She felt her get better instantly, but as soon she felt better, the smell of fresh blood entered her nostrils. She bit her tongue, waving to Garmr to move forward towards the Black Lake.

She scrunched up her nose, the smell she already was familiar with, made her grimace. the reason she was crying her eyes out. He was out as well. "You should stop following me." She mumbled, knowing that his hearing was intensified as a werewolf.

"I needed to know if you were alright." He appeared from behind her, and Y/N averted her gaze to the stairs. Eagerly going down, hoping that Remus could get the hint. "I am, now please. You already know too much." He didn't, he got to walk besides her. Trying to catch a glimpse of her eyes, even her face. But it was covered with the black hood.

"On the contrary, Y/N. I know too little." Y/N huffed, but didn't say anything else, walking further away. It was no use for her to embrace the shadow so she would become invisible. "What is it that you don't get? I'm undead, I drink blood, I'm a Vampire lord. End of the story, Remus." She said his name bitterly, hoping it would scare him off. But she didn't had that much luck.