Chapter 7: Clouded Walks

Written September 5th 2022

Y/N panicked when he seemed to notice the private bottle. "Nothing special, it is something for my health. Garmr got it from my aunt." Y/n lied, well it wasn't exactly a lie, but he didn't need to know that.

"Are you sure about that?" He stood up, leaning against the nearby wall, showing a smirk on his lips. "Doesn't seem like it-" Y/N didn't saw it coming, within a split second, lupin used his wand to claim the glass bottle from her hands. 

Y/N felt herself getting sick, stepping closer to Lupin to regain her bottle. "Sir, give it back please." Y/N begged as Remus laughed, holding it above his head. Y/N wasn't exactly taller than he was, and even the the added height on her boots, she was not even nearly there. "Alright, here." Remus couldn't stand seeing her struggle, even getting paler without it. 

"Thanks." She pulled it out from his hands, saying goodbye as she walked off. Biting her lip once she was out of his sight, she placed the flask inside her bag. It was for emergencies, and even if now was one, she couldn't do it right now. 

The sun was setting, and Y/N skipped dinner, feeling sick in her stomach as she finally got to the forest without Garmr. "Alright, come one, I know you are still hiding." She smiled as she took out the parchment. "Hello there boy." Her smile made the dog wiggle his tail, "I don't know what to write. Any ideas?" She sat down on the ground, her back leaning against the stone wall behind her.

The dog leaned his head in her lap, looking up innocently, growling a bit when Y/N smirked. "You think I don't know about him? But you are right, maybe I should let Eoin know about the situation." She earned a sound of approve from her companion and started write everything down.

Telling about her first day, how she needed to hide her Patronus, but also her true identity. How she made new friends and learned about the story of Harry Potter. How Snape tried prying in her past and how Lupin, was well watching her at all times. Telling Eoin what she thought Lupin was.

"Alright, do you want to bring this to her?" Y/N asked him, already knowing the answer. Garmr took the parchment from her, running off to disappear into the shadows. Y/N stood up, getting her bag ready before taking in off. 

Y/N stopped in her tracks, eyes narrowing when she saw a larger wolf look at her, but before she could react to it, it already disappeared. Shrugging her shoulders made her way slowly back to the castle. Y/N stopped in the courtyard, looking at the stars that were getting through the clouds.

"You shouldn't be wandering outside at this hour." Y/N lowered her head, turning to watch Lupin approach. "I could say the same thing to you." Y/N smirked, crossing her arms. "I am a teacher, you are a student. I think you don't need to tell me that." He smirked back, taking in the same attitude as her.

"What brings you out here so late, professor?" Y/N let her gaze go back to the twinkle of the stars. "I thought I could use a walk, the walls were coming after me in there." He admitted, not looking at her focus point, he was taking in her features.

"I can tell you, I felt the same.", "About?" Y/N was now facing him, looking down her shoes as she looked back into his eyes. "The walls that are approaching you. I wanted to get out, take a walk and just write my aunt like I promised." 

"And did you?" Y/N nodded her head, "I did, the letter is already on it's way. Garmr took it with him." She felt herself shudder at the upcoming cold from the night. "Do you need to go inside?" Y/N shook her head, giving him a small smile at his caring act.

"No, just a little cold won't hold me back. I was thinking to get back inside and go to bed-" Lupin his smile was slowly fading, "But since I'm still outside, and not tired, I thought I could go to the black lake." Y/N was biting her lips slightly, not knowing if it was appropriate to ask him this, but she went for it anyway.