Chapter 4: Potions

Written september 1st 2022

Y/N watched as Ada stumbled inside, the poor girl had a bit too much as she almost fell down. Ada her heels fell on the ground, and she casually tried to silence them, like they were alive. Y/N let out a laugh once she saw enough. "Since- Since when are you awake?" Ada let out a small burp at the end of her sentence.

Y/N sat up straight, "Since someone wasn't exactly silent as she walked in here." Ada her face said it all, Y/N was right and Ada was completely exhausted. "I think I need a shower." Ada mumbled softly as she smelled herself. "Yes yo do, but I think you need some rest first. You can shower in the morning." Y/N told her, Ada just nodded and gazed at her soft, unused bed.

"Yeah, sleep." She mumbled as she moved to sit on her bed, instantly drifting off once her head touched the pillows. "I think she doesn't quite get the idea of knowing your own limits." Y/N spoke to herself as she turned around once more trying to get some sleep.

Hours passed and the sun made its way through the clouds, hitting instantly Y/N her eyes. She scrunched up her nose, feeling tired when she saw how little place she had the last night. Garmr was proudly claiming the bed and Y/N couldn't but huff. "Should have left you with aunt Eoin, you stupid animal." She looked at the two still empty beds in the room. "Looks like we have the room to ourselves then." Y/N mumbled to herself.

The watch on her wrist was ticking, being the only sound in the room next to Ada her snoring and the light growls that came from her dog. She went to the bathroom, taking a quick shower and getting herself in her new robes. A neat white button up shirt, accompanied with an emerald tie to represent her house made her laugh. It looked too formal, but she went with it until her whole outfit was complete. She pulled on a black skirt that had a more tight fit around her hips. She tucked her shirt in, taking some rings to put on her fingers.

She looked at herself in the large mirror, seeing that the skirt showed her curves nicely, and was mid thigh length, making her smirk. She didn't like the polished shoes, so she took out her black combat boots. Her final touch was the large robe from her house.

Stepping out to look at her still sleeping friend, she decided it was time for her to wake up as well. She moved to stand beside her bed, "Ada, time to wake up." Y/N spoke as she started shaking her. "F-few more minutes.", "No Ada, if you don't get showered, you won't have time for breakfast." Y/N threatened her and with another move of her hand, her blankets flew off, making Ada shiver.

"Can't you just get breakfast for me?" She tried, but Y/N knew better. "Ada, what do you think?" Ada opened her eyes slightly, taking in her appearance, "Yes?" She tried and Y/N smiled at her. "No." Y/N moved to push Garmr from her own bed, "20 minutes Ada, now." She tapped her watch so Ada knew she was serious about it.

"Alright, I'm going." Finally the young witch moved out of her bed, looking at her attire from last night, "oh you are right, I defiantly need I shower. What did I do at that party." Mumbling other kind of rubbish, she finally got herself into the bathroom and Y/N could only smile when she finally heard the water running. "What?" Y/N looked at Garmr as he barked a few times. "Yes, of course. She is more than capable of getting her own food, but you aren't?" Y/N earned a judge look from her pet, making her stand up.

"Seriously? The forbidden forest has all kind of snacks for you. And you rather stay here, lazy, waiting a whole day till I get back? Really, you would feel at ease there, more than you could here." Y/N made a fair point as Garmr moved out of the dorm, probably fetching some food for himself.

"That beast is stubborn, can't believe I have him with me." Y/N shook her head, taking out some parchment and scribbling on what she needed to tell her aunt. "I'm ready." Ada came out, looking refreshed and clean, but the tiredness was still easy to spot if you looked closer. "Alright, let us go get some breakfast then." Y/N gripped her arm when she saw Ada feeling weak in her legs, probably being hungover.