FORTY-SIX | year 6

Start from the beginning

"Everything feels so much darker these days," Cassiopeia said, shivering from the cold air.

"Voldemort's back," stated Harry. "And everything's just getting started."

"Yeah," nodded Cassiopeia as pursed her lips.

When they both reached the dungeons, they stopped in front of the gargoyle. Cassiopeia turned towards the boy.

"Well then," she started, "Goodnight, Harry."

"Goodnight, Cass. Get some sleep, you really need it." He said.

"After I do my bloody essay," she lets out an annoyed sigh before smiling at him. She got closer to him, placed her hand on his cheek. "I like it when you're cold. Your cheeks are red."

Harry rolled his eyes, and Cassiopeia chuckled. She stared at his green eyes before placing her lips on his. Harry kissed her back, pushing her closer to him.

Cassiopeia parted after a few seconds, "nuh uh, Potter. Goodnight. I love you."

Harry chuckled, "whatever. Goodnight, I love you too."

As they waved goodbye, Cassiopeia entered her common room after saying the password. Harry walked away, his footsteps slowly disappearing.

From the corner, a boy with platinum blonde hair stood with narrowed eyes and a scowl etched upon his face. Draco Malfoy had just seen them.

°°°

Cassiopeia's fork played with the peas on her plate. She didn't have any appetite at all.

The cheering next to her was loud. It was the Slytherin Quidditch Team, laughing as they cheer each other on. Cassiopeia looked up from her plate, seeing Draco who also looked like he hasn't slept in decades.

Her eyes averted from Draco to the Gryffindor table. Harry wore his gryffindor quidditch sweater along with Ron. Some Slytherins making fun of the redhead as well.

"What are you going to do today?" asked Draco, his voice low. He didn't look at her.

"I'm going to fix it, and you'll make up a plan for...you know." She placed her fork down on the plate, not even taking a bite. Cassiopeia pushed her plate away, biting the insides of her cheek.

Draco did not answer her, he just merely nodded taking a bite out of his food. Harry stood up from his chair, Cassiopeia followed.

As Harry walked away, Cassiopeia called out for him.

"Harry!"

He turned around, smiling. "Hey, Cass...are you okay? Have you slept at all?"

"I haven't slept, I was doing my essay last night." She answered, quickly changing the subject. "Listen, I won't be able to come to your match today."

"It's alright," said Harry. "Detention with Snape?"

"I would skip it if I can." She groaned, "he's making me clean his office without magic!"

Harry felt quite disappointed, it was his first match of the year! And Cassiopeia couldn't watch. He shrugged it off, knowing that if she did have a chance, she would. He knew she would.

And Cassiopeia didn't know where that lie came from.

"It's all right, love." He smiled. Cassiopeia gave him an apologetic smile in return.

"Well then, good luck with your match," she kissed his cheek. "I think you'll win this time...unfortunately."

"Excuse me?" He questioned, "unfortunately?"