ELEVEN | year 3

A WEREWOLF & DEMENTORS

  The sound of Draco's wailing about his broken nose reached her ears. She looked him with an annoyed look, lifting a brow as she places her pencil down.

     "What in Merlin's beard happened to you?" She asked as Draco sat next to her.

     "My nose broke," he replied, "because of that stupid Mudblood!"

     "Mmm...you deserve it," she smirked.

  As she grabbed her pencil once again, staring at her previous drawing. Her eyebrows furrowed as she crumpled the paper and threw it on Draco's face. He narrowed his eyes at her, and she smiled at him before looking back at her paper.

    "What on earth are you even doing?" He asked.

     "Drawing,"

      "I didn't know you could draw,"

       "Oh, brother," she looked at him with a small smile on her face. "You don't know a lot about me."

  The girl stood up, walks up to her dorm room, where she sat on her bed. Pansy's chattering voice reached her ears. Cassiopeia turned to the girl, who's eyes were on her, a smirk on her face. Cassiopeia closed the curtains of her bed, only on the side where she can see Pansy, while the other remained open for her to see.

  The sun has gone, the moon hidden behind the clouds. She continued to draw. Something on her mind is bugging her, an idea that she cannot explain. Her hand moved, not paying much attention to the bugging idea in her mind. The smooth strokes of the pencil, it looks like she's drawing...a tree?

  She frowned, still continuing to draw. She drew a figure next to the tree, then the full moon and clouds. But she stopped, erasing the man and turning it into a wolf and a dog?

  Cassiopeia stopped, tilting her head in thought. A wolf next to a tree that looks like the Whomping Willow. The full moon. A dog.

  Then it strucked her, she looked out the window to see the full moon.

     "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god," the girl muttered, grabbing her shoes then her brown jacket, then her wand. She ties her hair up as she walked down the stairs, then out of the Common Room. She runs to Professor Lupin's office.

     "Professor-!" She saw that it empty, a map laid on his desk. The map had footsteps, with the names of Ron Weasley,  Hermione Granger, Harry Potter, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew on it. She quickly ran to them, being careful not to be seen by anyone.

Cassiopeia reached to the top of the ridge where she saw them all standing together outside. Harry and Sirius away from them, Professor Lupin holding his hand out to a man which Cassiopeia does not know who, though he does look familiar.

    "GUYS!" she yelled, out of breath. The other looked at her.

    "Cassiopeia?" He asked, "what are you doing here?"

     Cassiopeia approached Lupin, though not too close for caution, "Professor, you shouldn't be here at this time."

     "Pardon me, Miss Malfoy?" Lupin looks at her with a confused face.

      "Its a full moon!" She pointed to the moon. Remus turned to the moon, just in time as the clouds started to clear.  Lupin is a rigid silhouette, his fingers
twitching, his eyes changing colour.

Cassiopeia bit her lip in fear, as she felt hands on her shoulder, slowly making her walk back. She turned, sees Harry locking eyes with her.

      "Remus, old friend... did you take
your potion tonight?" Sirius Black asked. Lupin, twitching, shakes his head. Pettigrew's eyes dart, taking in the situation, then slowly shift, note
the wand trembling in lupin's lengthening fist.