FORTY-FIVE | year 6

ANGER

ANGER

°°°

The necklace lies green and glittering upon McGonagall's desk.

The four of them stood in front of McGonagall, listening to Leanne explain everything to McGonagall. Cassiopeia looked at the opal necklace, with a blank face as she bites the insides of her cheek.

"You're sure Katie did not have this in her possession when she entered the Three Broomsticks, Leanne?" questioned McGonagall.

"It's like I said," explained Leanne, "She went to the loo and when she came back she had the package. She said it was important she delivers it."

"Did she say to whom?"

Cassiopeia looked up, she watches as Leanne shakes her head.

"All right, Leanne. You may go." said McGonagall, as Leanne exits, McGonagall lets out a sigh. "Why is it when something happens it's always you three?"

"Believe me, Professor, I've been asking myself the same question for six years." answered Ron.

McGonagall shakes her head, "Now Miss Malfoy's being dragged into this as well..."

Cassiopeia and Harry shared a glance. Just then, Snape appears at the door, eyes the four of them.

"Severus," McGonagall nodded.

"Is this it?" He asked, approaching the necklace. Snape takes his wand, and he lifts the necklace, he eyes it fascination.

"What do you think?" asked McGonagall.

"I think Miss Bell is lucky to be alive," he answered, placing the necklace back on the table with his wand.

"She was cursed, wasn't she?" asked Harry, "I know Katie. Off the Quidditch pitch she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was bringing that to someone, she wasn't doing it knowingly."

Snape eyes Harry levelly, before narrowing his eyes at Cassiopeia who returned the look.

"Yes. She was cursed." McGonagall answered wearily.

"It was Malfoy," said Harry. With that, Cassiopeia's eyes snapped to him.

"Pardon?" She frowned.

"Not you," said Harry, shaking his head. "Your brother. Draco."

"That's a very serious accusation, Potter." McGonagall lifted a brow.

"Indeed. Your evidence?" challenged Snape.

"I... just... know." He answered, pursing his lips.

"You... just... know," scoffed Snape, mimicking Harry's tone. "Once again you astonish with your gifts, Potter, gifts mere mortals could only dream of possessing. How grand it must be to be the Chosen One."