FORTY-TWO | year 6

A STRESSFUL FIRST WEEK

Quickly grabbing the letter that the school owl dropped in front of her, she shoved a spoonful of cereal before she and Draco made eye contact. He, too, had a letter in his hands, he nodded, and he stood up. Cassiopeia followed.

She was going to have Defence Against The Dark Arts with Snape today, and she knew he would allow them to skip, well, not really allow, but he wouldn't get furious about it.

They both walked until they reached the seventh floor. Cassiopeia looked behind her shoulder to check if anyone was following her, but no one was in the seventh floor. Most of the students were currently eating breakfast in the great hall.

They both slid into the room of requirements, shutting the large doors behind with a thud.

"Is it from him?" asked Cassiopeia, as the two siblings walked further into the room.

"Yes, yours too I suppose?" He lifted a brow.

"Obviously," she muttered.

It didn't take them long to have their black robes on the small chair, and reading the letter over and over again. It was confusing.

The whole day they gathered many things from the library. Books that might help them, and some spells that they've tried.

Cassiopeia didn't think that they could fix the cabinet in only a few weeks. This will take some time, especially what the instructions say in the book and the letter Mr Borgin sent.

Cassiopeia walked out of the Library, her mind trailing off into whatever things she can think of to kill off Dumbledore without using the killing curse.

Although, it might be easier to use the killing curse. Dumbledore trusted her. She could just march up into his office and point her wand at him and kill him right now. But that's the thing, she doesn't want to kill him. She didn't want to be a murderer, but the work with the cabinet is a huge pain in her head, it was too much thinking. Thinking things out is not what she does.

She was turning to the defence against the dark arts office, taking out the piece of paper that she needed Snape to sign. It was for the restricted section of the library, and the only way to get there is to ask a teacher to sign a paper.

Not bothering to knock, she burst inside Snape's room as if it were her own. She slammed the piece of parchment on his desk, and looked up at him with a bored look.

"Sign this, I need to go to the restricted section," she said, taking out her quill and dipping it inside Snape's ink bottle.

He did not answer, he slowly lifted his head to meet her eyes.

"Is that the proper way to ask something from a teacher?" He questioned, in his monotone voice.

Cassiopeia lets out groan, before turning towards the door, closing it and opening it again. She feigns a very cheery expression.

"Why, hello, Professor Snape! You look absolutely wonderful today!" She said, in a high-pitched voice as she blinked her eyelids rapidly, "may you please sign this paper, so I could search up ways to let people into Hogwarts?"

Cassiopeia said the last line in a low hiss. She knew no one would be listening because no one is outside his office.

"Miss Malfoy, talk to me properly or you will get detention!" He sneered.

"Fine! Please sign this paper, Professor, I need it for something important!" She huffed, sitting down in front of him.

He did not answer, he just grabbed the paper in front of him and scribbled his signature. She expected a huge retort, but instead she got silence. It was unexpected from him, he never lets her off talking to him like that.