FORTY-SIX | year 6

DRACO'S CONFRONTATION

°°°

"I'd say, Harry," Cassiopeia said, sitting down next to him in the library. "It's quite surprising that you're here in the library at this time of night."

Harry shot up from his position, not expecting Cassiopeia. "What're you doing here?"

"To study, I've been behind on my defence against the dark arts," she lets out a sigh.

"Would you like my help?" He asked.

Cassiopeia lifted a brow, "you? Help me?"

"For your information, Malfoy, I did amazing in my OWLS." He boasted.

"So did I, Potter." She said, flipping open her book. Harry watched as she took out her quill and ink. Then his eyes travelled to her face, it was looking quite sunken. Eyebags under her eyes were dark, her skin paler than usual, and her hair a bit messier.

"Are you okay, Cass?" He asked, worridly.

Cassiopeia looked at him, frowning. "Yeah, why?"

"You look a bit sick," he pursed his lips.

"Oh yeah, I can never sleep much," she answered, truthfully.

"Why's that?"

"Nightmares," answered Cassiopeia. She flipped through the pages of her defence against the dark arts book as Harry opened a small bar of chocolate that he took from his bag.

"Would you like some?" He asked, handing her the chocolate. The boy didn't know what else to say, he remembered what happened during his fifth year, how all those nightmares about Voldemort would make him not want to go back to sleep.

"Put that away before you get killed by---"

"What are you doing, boy?!" came the yell of Madam Pince. Cassiopeia grimaced. "Why are you eating in the library?! Out! Get out! Both of you!"

Harry winced, stood up and grabbed his books, Cassiopeia groaned, and did the same. She quickly placed her ink and quill back inside her bag before rushing out of the library.

As the library door closed, Cassiopeia sent Harry a glare. "Thanks a lot, Harry! I haven't written a single letter on my essay!"

"I'm sorry!" He bit his lip, "I forgot!"

Cassiopeia rolled her eyes, "well then, let's get back to our dorms."

"Yeah, I'll walk you to yours," he said. "It's the least I could do."

Cassiopeia shook her head, and they both chatted their way down to the dungeons. They passed by some Aurors who guarded the doors of the Great Hall, and the outsides of the castle which was all covered with snow.