THIRTY-EIGHT | year 6

OVERWHELMING QUESTIONS

Cassiopeia sat behind her desk, going through her textbooks

Cassiopeia sat behind her desk, going through her textbooks. Thunder rumbled in the night sky as rain fell heavily. It was quite comforting for the girl, and she was glad it was raining. She looked out the window seeing nothing else but pitch black and a few of the lamps that were shining from her garden, but it was hardly visible.

She had moved her table, putting it next to the window. Inside her room is warm due to the fire that is crackling in the fireplace.

Cassiopeia had spoken to her brother about how he had found out about the Vanishing Cabinet a few nights ago. Apparently, he found out about it when he and their father went to Borgin and Burkes just before his second year at Hogwarts started.

The Vanishing Cabinet was broken. Draco knew more about it when Graham Montague was shoved inside the cabinet by the Weasley Twins last year. He explained everything to Draco, who thought he wouldn't need that information. Cassiopeia not knowing about what happened to Montague because she was too busy, barely having time to sit around the common room.

That is when Cassiopeia had added that she saw that cabinet back at Hogwarts, it was in an empty classroom. But she didn't realise it actually was the cabinet until she had laid her eyes upon the one at the shop. They looked exactly alike, and she didn't know if the cabinet was still in that classroom.

The girl lets out a heavy sigh, once again looking at the window. She took out the locket that was inside her drawer, examining it, before placing it around her neck.

Standing up, Cassiopeia went over to her bed, laid down and started to think once again. She was stuck in her own mind, losing interest in anything. Realising she didn't have any other hobbies other than reading. Reading used to help her get things off her mind, but right now, even reading the most interesting books cannot keep her mind from racing.

In three days, she will be back at Hogwarts. And she doesn't know where to start. Is it best if she could ask help from Snape? But she scratched that question off her mind, she didn't want Snape to think she was stupid that she can't even do this one task.

Should she tell Dumbledore that she and her brother were sent to kill him? She scratched that question off her mind as well. That'd be very stupid, it's like she's asking permission to kill him.

Groaning, she buried her face into her hands. Maybe jumping off the Astronomy Tower can solve all of her problems.

Cassiopeia blew out all the candles inside her bedroom, deciding that she should get some sleep. Thinking about this tomorrow would be better. She needed sleep anyway.

Then as she was so close from falling asleep, her mind decided to recall the moment from this morning. Was Harry angry at her?

"I hate myself," she mumbled.