11

Amara

It's been two weeks since I've seen Matteo and I'm starting to wonder if he even really cared about me. He hasn't tried to call or text me and I knew I said I didn't want anything to do with him but still.

The time now is 4:30 on a rainy Sunday evening and I'm catching up on my dynasty series, but I can hardly focus being as my mind is somewhere else.

Ding!

Grabbing my phone from my small coffee table I quickly check who the message is from. Unluckily for me it's an unknown number.

Unknown: Hey Amara!

Amara: Hello may I ask who is this?

Unknown: It's Selene! Matteo's sister. I was just wondering if you're free tomorrow for that girl's day :)

Seems like Matteo didn't tell her that we're arguing. I could definitely use a girls day out though so why not.

Amara: Of course Selene, text me the deets :)

Selene: Yaaay see you tomorrow <3

I spent a few more hours watching dynasty and by the time I'm heading for bed it's 9: 20 pm. I haven't been getting enough sleep lately but tonight I'm gonna try because I have a long day tomorrow. I lay down and get comfy but of course a certain someone occupy my thoughts.

Now that I think about I'm not even sure he got married or not and I simply don't wanna know so I'm planning on keeping the Matteo talk to a minimum tomorrow.

*********************************

I'm not even sure what time I fell asleep last night but I'm grateful for the amount of sleep that I got. I feel well rested.

Selene messaged me the location I should meet her and it's about 35 minutes from my home so I'm gonna have to catch a cab.

I slipped out of bed and into the shower, washing my body with my favorite shampoo. My shower lasted for about 25 minutes before I'm rummaging through my wardrobe to find an outfit.

I grab hold of my blue jeans and decided to pair it with a striped white and gray crop top.

The time is now 10:14 and I'm about to head out. I grabbed my purse and clasp my heels and I'm out the door. I quickly message Selene to let her know I'm on my way.

After sitting through that long car ride, I arrive at Smurfs cafe which is an amazing breakfast restaurant. I enter the building and find Selene sitting in the far corner tending to Asia. I haven't realized how much I've missed her til now. She's first to spot me and she comes running.

"Ara!!"

I scoop her up in my arms, giving her a big hug.

"You've gotten so big", I say as I tickle her and make my way over to Selene.

"Hey girl"

"Hey Selene, what're we eating?"

Placing Asia in the seat next to me I slip in facing Selene.

"Just about to order" she says giving me a big grin.

We order and talk just about anything. She's telling me the story of how her fiance proposed and I couldn't be more happy for her. I also got an invitation to the wedding which is a month from now. Yay!

We continue our day with the next stop being the hair salon. Asia got pink highlights which made her even cuter, Selene and I settled with a trim and just retouch our hair colors. At some point Asia got tired and her dad had to come get her hence its just Selene and I now.

We enter an ice cream shop and I can already taste the strawberry flavor on my tongue. After getting our ice creams we decided to sit outside the shop where they have stools.

"I realized you haven't said anything about my brother all day, everything Okay?"

And just like that I lost my appetite...kidding.

I glance down at my lap before answering.

"Yeah well after I found out he was getting married I saw no reason to be talking about him"

"Ohh you saw that. Amara it's not w-"

"Selene I really don't wanna talk about Matteo right now"

She glanced at me before nodding and continued eating her ice cream.

We finally decided to call it a day at 7:00 and I was happy, I felt exhausted.
Selene offered to drop me home but wanted to stop by Matteo's house for something, she wouldn't tell me what though. She also claimed he's not home. We arrived and she got out.

"Come on, I promise he's not home"

"Selene I don't think I need to come in with you"

"But I want you to, pleeeeease"

I sighed as I got out of the car and walked beside her. She had one of those cards that Matteo used to open the door the first time I came here. As I stepped in I gasped.

Whoa.

*******************************
Heyyyy! I know it's been a long time, but I'm back. What do you think Amara saw...:)

BTW thank you all for reading!!! Almost at 500 reads and I couldn't be more grateful.

~D