1

Amara

The bell above the door rang as I made my way into the warm cafe. Cafe Nervosa. Not many people were in here at the moment which I was grateful for, we were usually busy on a Monday morning but this morning is a little slow. I do enjoy working here but after pushing my way through the snow to get here, I felt like I was on my last breath. Definitely needed a car.

"Hey Ara" Kelly said standing at the register. She was a very nice girl with green eyes and blonde hair. I sometimes get jealous of her beauty even though she seems to think she isn't all that. Kelly was also my only friend around here.

"Hey Kelly" I said giving her a warm smile while putting on my apron and my name tag.
"I'll take the tables"
She sighed "Thank God" causing me to giggle.

Looking up after grabbing a small book and a pen, I saw two girls come in whispering amongst themselves. They looked like twins.

"Good morning my name is Amara, what may I get for you?"I said as I approached them causing them to look up at me.

"Hi can I please have a cup of dark coffee with 2 spoons of sugar and a blueberry cupcake" The one to my right said. Nodding, I wrote down her order.

"Anything for you?" I glanced over at the other girl.
"Yes can I have the same thing as her please"
"Alright your order will be here in a little while" I said turning away to put in their order.

About 5 minutes later their order was ready. Putting the two cups of coffee and cupcakes on the tray, I made my way over to them.

"Matteo is so hot, I think he's starting to like me. My father did the best thing of setting us up" I heard one of them say, more specifically the one who spoke to me first. I didn't even know what they were talking about and I didn't care.

"Here you go" I said giving them their food.

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly, nothing eventful happened.
Hmm I think I want a goldfish.
I've always wanted a goldfish, I find them so cute. I had one in 7th grade but as I was changing the water in his bowl I accidentally dropped him down the sink. Let me tell I cried for weeks.

The clock read 4:00 and I started to gather my stuff. Kelly had already left since she was here a lot earlier than I was.

"Finally" I said as I saw Natalie walk through the door. Shes the one who is taking over from me. She rolled her eyes at my comment. I don't even know why she doesn't like me, the first day I came here I knew she had a problem with me. She reminds me of a lobster.

Grabbing my bag, I exited the diner. The cool breeze hit me making me shiver slightly. I honestly love this kind of weather but me not having a car makes it hard to get from place to place. I've been saving for a car but by the time I'll be able to buy it I'll probably be 70 years old.

I looked around me as I walked to my apartment. Kids were running around in the snow playing with one another, persons were sipping on their hot chocolate in diners and cars zooming past playing Christmas carols. Finally arriving at the crappy looking place, I pulled out my keys and climbed the stairs. This was the only place I could afford right now and it's not as bad as it looks on the outside.

I opened the door and entered, throwing down my bag and heading to the bathroom to freshen up. I felt like going to the library today to relax a little, I haven't been there in a while so I'm going to enjoy this. I changed into a more presentable outfit. Even though I didn't have much money to buy the best clothes, I knew how to dress and put myself together.

I pulled on a high waist blue jeans, a white crop top that was kind of fluffy and my pink coat that reached down to my ankles. My aunt gifted me this coat and it immediately became my favorite piece of clothing.

 My aunt gifted me this coat and it immediately became my favorite piece of clothing

I smiled at myself in the mirror. I put my phone in my back pocket and slipped on my white sneakers. Grabbing my keys and a book that I wanted to return, I made my way downstairs and out the door.

As I hummed the song into you by Ariana Grande I pushed the door open and walked up to the desk.

"Hi I'm here to return this book"
After she took the book, I started to walk around the library.

As I was passing the fiction aisle I saw a very handsome man sitting in the corner filled with cushions. He seemed scary and as if he was bored out of his mind. He looked like he was waiting for someone.

Deciding to be his princess in a shiny dress, I walked over to him.
"Hi" he slowly looked up and when I tell you I froze. His eyes were a vibrant grey and oh my gosh I'm about to faint. He was even more beautiful up close.

"Do you like gold fishes?" WHAT! THATS STUPID AMARA.WHY DID I SAY THAT.

***********************************
What do you guys think?😛
Amara hunny what kind of question is that?
🤣
Guys do you wanna know what happened to me today? Today has been the worst day for me.
It started off with me breaking a mug, then I slammed the fridge door on my fingers, after that I burnt my fingers while taking a glass out of the microwave. Mann it's been a horrible day.
If you vote and comment that'll make me feel better🥰🥰

Ps if you have nothing good to say...........I think you know the rest but if not.

If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.