4

Amara

It's now Christmas and the snow is coming down outside like crazy. Sighing I closed the door behind me and began my journey to work. I wish I didn't have to work today but at least I get off 1:30. I was only walking for about two minutes before Kelly popped up in her car and told me to get in.

I don't think I could love this girl anymore.

"I didn't know you were working today" I said as she drove off.

"I asked for the shift since it's Christmas and you know we get extra money when we work on holidays" she grinned.

I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face and proceeded to look out the window. Everything was so pretty, the lights, the trees and the kids playing in the snow. I wish I could go back to being a child, a child who still had both her parents. My parents died when is 10 from a car crash and I had to live with my aunt until I turned 18. It was rough but I'm forever grateful for my aunt,she treated me as if I were her own.

We arrived at the cafe and I got out of the car leaving Kelly to go park around back.
I stepped into the building and immediately got to work, I knew today was gonna be busy but I didn't know it was gonna be this busy. The place was filled with chatter and laughter among the customers. Guess everyone was feeling the Christmas spirit.

It didn't take long for 1:30 to come around and by 1:35 I was hugging Kelly bye. It wasn't snowing much outside so I could walk home. She insisted on giving me a ride but I declined, telling her to go tend to the customers.

I walked up to my apartment, reaching for my keys. I had to meet Matteo in less than  15 minutes so I needed to move fast. After taking a quick shower I picked out my outfit, it consisted of a black leather pants and a black leather long sleeve top I also wore my black coat.

I messaged the owner of the goldfish letting them know I was coming right now, I already know where they're located since they told me the evening I ordered the fish, it wasn't too far from here either

***************************
I bought the fish and is now sitting down in Central Park. It's approximately 2:20 and no sign of Matteo. The goldfish was in a bowl on the table in front of me swimming around. I really wanted to go order a hot chocolate in the diner across from the park but I didn't wanna go in there and start a ruckus by having the fish.

Sighing I began to play candy crush on my phone when not too long after I feel a presence behind me. I slowly looked up, making eye contact with those stormy grey eyes.

"Matteo hi"
"Hello Ara"

I stood up and took up the goldfish showing it to him.

"This goldfish is yours, it's your Christmas gift from me, I want you to take good care of it"

He lightly chuckled.

"And if I don't?" He said raising a perfect eyebrow and biting the corner of his lip. I honestly think God has favorites, I really do believe so.