☀️ Chapter One 🌑

Start from the beginning

Logan McDonie tucked his brown hair under his beanie. His blue eyes glanced from a smug Varian to a heated Hara. "At least he breaks the stereotype. You gotta give him some credit for that." He told her, placing his hand on her shoulder. "He doesn't smoke or drink, he has a 1963 Red Pontiac Catalina - that is like a few centuries old and specially made hy his own hands, instead of a motorcycle - and he's never shoved anyone's head in a toilet."

Hara glared at him and huffed, letting her braids drop to her shoulders. "Who cares about stereotypes? This is Varian we are talking about. He's your average stereotypical bully mixed with a wannabe bad boy." She roars, crossing her arms. "He's making a mockery of everyone."

Logan threw her a mono expression, shaking his head. "Making a mockery of us?" He wouldn't go that far since it wasn't his fault he could ace anything in a matter of hours. "I mean, he can't help that he's a natural at everything unlike us. Yes, it's annoying, but that's just how he is." He replied, looking to the front line.

Hara glared at Logan and his pathetic defense for the most hated boy in school. "That's just it, most don't try to be smart and try and fit in, he doesn't do that. He has a superiority complex. I'd love for someone to knock that down a few bars." She said, ignoring Varian and his glares to ear. "I swear that boy has super hearing."

Logan turned and looked at Varian who gave both him and Hara a rude gesture with his hands. "I agree. He must've have, because we are quietly talking and yet he knows we're talking about him. He's scary." He shuttered and pulled his eyes away from Varian and back at Hara.

Ravello looked at his stopwatch as the next student dropped to the floor after scaling the climbing rope. "Burford, 47 seconds, not bad." He smiled, impressed with the time since it seemed that Sunni had been practicing her upper arm strength. 

Sunni Burford grinned ear to ear as she clapped her hands. "Yes! Two seconds less than last week!" She beamed, her short red hair swisher with her moments as her blue eyes sparkled. "Ha, take that Cohan. I am slowly gaining my time and will smash you!" She called, walking over to the bleachers. 

Varian threw his head back and dryly laughed at her comment. "Oh please, you couldn't beat my time if you had help. Face the facts Burford, you, nor anyone here will be as good as me. I can't help you're weak and slow and short and built like a deformed potato that came out of the bottom of a mystery stew." He cooly said, leaning back and resting his elbows on the seats behind him.

"Varian!" Sunni's livid voice pronounced each syllable in his name. If steam could come from her ears right then and there, it would have how hot her blood was boiling at his words. "You take that back!" She yelled, jabbing her finger at him with narrow eyes and a death glare.

Varian smirked, leaning forward and resting his arms on his tights. "Aww, the little corpulent kitty is bearing her wittle teef and claws," He mocked in a childish voice, enjoying taunting her. "I'm not taking it back. I can't take back what's true. I'm simply saying facts and if you don't like facts then you should probably forget about being an attorney."

Ravello knew what could come next if he didn't step in. Sunni and Varian would be in a fistfight, a normal occurrence for Varian, but not for the normally cool Sunni. "Okay, okay, Burford go sit down away from Cohan and Cohan, keep to yourself and stop offending your classmates." He yelled at the two.

Sunni gritted her teeth and dug her nails into her hands. She sucked in a deep breath and counted to five before breathing out. She walked over to the bleachers and matched herself to the top and sat down, far away from Varian.

Varian watched her like a hawk. His eyes and smirk mocked her, just goading her to try something. There was just something about people like Sunni that amused him, mainly how they reacted. She was easily riled due to her sensitive nature. He didn't say another word, just focused on the others who one by one, tried to beat his time.