Chapter 91: Clueless

Start from the beginning

'You've gone mad!'

As much as he wanted to say that straight to his face, he couldn't bring himself to. Knowing Hiro's alienated personality, it would only make things more complex than it already is.

He admits this man lures tons of surprises, but this one came along that's way too much for him to handle.

And how ironic does this discussion exist, when they have their parents' wedding ceremony tomorrow to prepare for?

Hiro tips his head to the side while wearing an entirely oblivious look on his face, as if not understanding his concern, "Why not?"

Jin chewed on his bottom lip and squeezed Hiro's nose next in frustration. And why doesn't that surprise him anymore? He knew it was a pea chance that his words would reach him, "Don't answer me with another question."

Hiro gave him a quick squeeze on his waist, "Don't couples get married when they're happy with each other?"

His advisor agreed so while sitting in his black cushioned chair, staring at him dumfounded in those squared glasses of his during their consultation.

It was as if his notion was too brilliant and spectacular this time to compliment.

He succumbs to deep thoughts.

Was it not?

Jin stared at the way Hiro's lips moved as those innocent words fled his lips and left him awestruck. Slowly, it feels like everything now makes sense.

The corners of his lips lift into a small smile, and he closes his eyes, sighing heavily. "Really. I don't know what to do with you."

Hiro stared back at him with no response. His thinned lips were formidable and stiff.

Jin's fingers reach up for Hiro's thin, long, and even hair that's free from the strains of men's hair wax, "That's because they don't . . . "

Leaning in, he shoves his nose to the sharp hairline of his forehead. He didn't know which part to explain to this crazy man first when what he said doesn't make sense, "Instead, they date first."

He smells of disinfectant and a strong dominant fragrance.

Even the hospital's scent still likes to cling to him.

Now he pities his advisor who put up the guts to listen to a walking bewilderment like him and he wonders, "How long have you thought about that?" Jin brush his fingers through Hiro's hair as his eyes turned warm.

They're as soft as the ones in his memory.

Here he was considering accepting their relationship to the next level, but this was not part of the plan. It can't be just now. Why marriage?

Hiro's lids fluttered close, his insides churning with the warm and soft fingers faintly caressing him. He took a deep breath and leaned in with an adamant defeated look on his face, recalling his little sprout's words.

'That's because they don't. Instead, they date first.'

...

"Hiro . . . "

Date.

"Hiro . . . "

Nani?

If there's such a thing . . . does it implicate kissing?

"Hiro!"

Jin clasped both of his hands against the man's face, squishing them and to his relief, Hiro finally looked at him though surprised.

He sighed in relief, "You scared me."

"Gomen," (Sorry) said Hiro, bending down to rest his head on Jin's shoulder. Was that a no?

Jin slowly wrapped his arms around the sulking man as much as he can while shaking his head from side to side. Really, at times like this, he's too adorable and guilt-piercing to scold.

Hiro sighed downheartedly. His question . . . he never had the chance to respond.

"Apartment."

Apartment? Jin's eyes flew open. "What about it?" As for now, his mother and him doesn't stay at one anymore.

"I've been considering it since then."

His heart suddenly felt like it was close to exploding and words fail to come out of him. His assumptions this time got the better of him. He was too stunned to speak.

Don't tell me . . .

"You've thought of marriage . . . ever since your confession in the apartment?"

Hiro moves against him, sitting now with his back straight and dim eyes staring down at him with a mixture of calmness and sincerity.

And to Jin's shock, Hiro nodded his head.

"Yes," Hiro's brows were furrowed. He was looking at him with overwhelming enthusiasm.

"One that belongs to what my heart desires."

Author's Note:

Support my story on WEBNOVEL. Under the pen name Daniel_BlakeZD