Chapter 41

A pair of astonished eyes level down to Jin's uneasy ones.

No, he did not just say that out loud, did he?

"How are you sure?" Hiro cues, testing him.

What? His guarded eyes squint in half as he opens his mouth to defend his claim, but no words escaped his lips.

He's left gaping and speechless midair, collecting his scattered thoughts in one place. Why would he ever think of that? No, the question is why did he even say that?

Of course, no man has a reason to be aroused around another one of his kind.

He shudders.

It's just two of them in the apartment. . . What could possibly go wrong?

Hiro grabbed the opportunity, seeing his now conformable state, "But if I say I am. . ." What will change? He wants to hear his honest thoughts, instead of closing and hiding them from him. It's the only way he could understand what he's thinking with those guarded eyes of his.

He's afraid this leads to one thing.

He hasn't fully understood their situation despite all the clues he's feeding him, his naiveness and innocence might just be the cause of his tragedy until his grave rots.

Jin's chaotic thoughts died down the moment he connects his gaze to Hiro's and what he saw inside his black eyes was nothing near of infliction, but a stinging gleam of euphoric sunshine.

Once again, he was dismayed, his assumptions were wrong again.

Will it be always like this for him? Confusing himself more with all the 'whys' and 'what ifs' as his basis?

His lips slump in disapproval.

Hiro's hands immediately went up to cup his face as his brows crumple in worry.

Is that a frown he sees?

Suffering from dismay, Jin leans and sulks more to Hiro's hands and rubbed his cheeks against his warm palms. He has the warmest skin and he likes it, but he had enough mind games to deal with him. The blame goes down to him, too, he also hasn't been honest about what he wants from him, and right now he wouldn't fall for his reasoning about his 'phone' as an excuse.

What does he really want from him?

Why can't he just tell him?

Might as well traumatize this man so his life will come at peace like the old days once again.

"You said 'what if', but why do I have a feeling that you really are?" he pouts, defeated. He hasn't even gotten over his stalking issues.

Should they discuss that instead? It seems serious, though.

Hiro resists his grin, "And you're telling me that your statement is acceptable just because you think so?" Though there's an easier way for him to justify his claim.

What's stopping him from doing so?

Err, he's really not putting a stop to this. Jin shifts his gaze where else, avoiding his intimidating eyes. He was the first one to break their eye contact and stared whiningly at his chiseled nose instead, and boy he can be jealous for a lifetime. Is there any part of this man that has a flaw?

Yeah, his lack of humor, perhaps.

He clears his throat, "It's rubbing against me. . . so how could I not know?"

His voice came out tiny, one can compare to a breathy whisper and at the moment he just wants to run and hide, anywhere far from him.

Could this get any more embarrassing on his part? Crap. He dare not meet his eyes, but instead, he witnessed Hiro's lips churning into a victorious smile.