Chapter 25

Jin stared at the serene and peaceful school grounds of Hongwon University by the window beside his seat, hovering over the empty field from the third floor.

The weather was great.

His fingers were tapping against the surface of his desk as his thoughts flew away in an unreachable height. With his elbow on his desk, supporting his other hand that's cupping the side of his face, he was in daze. His eyes couldn't look away when the same image that has been clogging inside his consciousness appeared over the clear blue sky.

It was freshly replaying inside his head as if he had just seen it in sight not too long ago as every detail and curve of the man's face was more distinct than his hazy mind. It even felt surreal to label it as a memory.

A memory that brought him questionable warmth and is the cause of the unnamed emotions and unanswered questions he buried yesterday to arise once again.

The man's genuine smile...Why does he feel like the sight of it costs a head?

He gets to see him smile but never once caught him doing the same thing towards his family until they escorted them out after dinner. He couldn't bring himself to stop thinking about what happened yesterday evening. Does that man, too, is against his father remarrying?

Just as scheduled, the obscure musical notes of a children's song blasted out of the speakers. Everyone finally heard the awaited school bell that will push their professors to dismiss them for the day as it continuously rippled through the empty corridors.

"So that concludes our discussion for today. Do not forget to read the remaining clauses in your textbook for tomorrow's evaluation," Their English professor left the room, allowing everyone to slump their heads on their tables. They were exhausted and too worn to even lift a finger.

High school life is indeed hell unlike way back in middle school.

"Jin-ah~, you up for karaoke later?" A low whisper behind his ear interrupted Jin's reverie.

His eyes glanced back at the person behind him, who greeted him with her famed lopsided smile plastered on her lips paired with her eyebrows moving up and down repeatedly at him. It was Kim Ji-Hye.

"Karaoke? Didn't we agree to go for tteokbokki?" Hwang Hesung, on the other hand, leans his head towards them, interrupting their conversation.

The entrance door of their room suddenly slammed open and a loud voice woke everyone up, loud enough to shoo the depressing ambiance away.

"Hesung-ah!"

A girl with short-cut hair dyed in blond barge inside their room and went straight to embrace their little friend, Hesung. That's Han Yeji, an extremely attractive person but is known to be blunt, yet despite her bold nature, she has a soft spot for adorable beings, and Hesung was not an exception.

"Unnecessary noises should be prohibited within school grounds," Jihyuk flipped through the pages of his book. He was sitting calmly beside Jin as he always does in the past years.

"Yah, Kang Jihyuk!" scolded Yeji while covering Hesung's reddened ears. What's wrong with calling a friend's name after their classes ends? Aish, this guy. Everyone knows how Hesung takes everything to a different level with his sensitive emotions.

"Quit yelling," replied Jihyuk, unaware of the swarming rage around him. He does not get where this woman's rowdy nature comes from despite her small frame.

Jin just watched how Jihyuk slip back his notebook into his bag where he had written all the pointers for today's lesson as he knows very well that Jin was not with his usual self today.