Chapter 35

A hoarse sound of an ill woman screaming and wailing can be heard present in the wind as it brushes and caresses through the mount trees by the distance, and they swiftly dance and sway with the harsh wind that gushed over them, flying towards west. Forcefully pulling the pigmented leaves off and roughly swept the ground clear, dustless.

Its whispering and eerie cries were eminent and melancholy, and the people nearby scurry off for shelter.

But that didn't stop the two oppressive gentlemen, standing strong within the fine moment—one growling against the other whilst one owned a pair of desirous serene eyes, accompanied with an unidentified darkened halo, dangerously circling and sprawling around him.

A tragic memoir of a soul's passing reflected through the man's crestfallen eyes. Through his bottom lash, he looks down at his foe.

An insane one.

"What are you plotting?" Kang Jihyuk asks him, alarmed by shadows seen before him. He's no ordinary human. Deputy arises within him that he never recognizes was there, a path-breaking rage that will lead him to his uncertain future.

With this person interacting and having his ways on his dearest Jin, he could only pick up his sword and face the demons crawling out from the man's cave.

He took one dangerous march forward, but retreated two steps back in an instant, seeing the aggressive reactions he received from the onlookers—or should he say, this man's vipers, those who were on sight and those who were hiding from the shadows.

Their venomous eyes have never been as threatening as they were now and the odd whispers in the air were back again.

Tracing its source, it led his eyes straight in front of him.

Jihyuk kept his strength altogether. He shall not falter.

Great Odin's sake, they made him look like the bad guy here.

He calms his shivering breath down as his palm slides over his face, up towards his scalp. His fingers clenched tightly around the strands of his hair. What telenovela led him to this situation?

This can't be. This has to be a nightmare. Why him? Of all people?

Slowly, his fingers loosened around his hair, and he stared helplessly down at his palms. They were shaking, with fear mixed with worry, worry for Jin.

Bomi . . . You don't know what you got yourself into.

He knew better. He knew better what this man was capable of doing.

"He's innocent . . ." he finds himself mumbling those words as they escaped his lips.

"I acknowledge fair well, he is."

The man unexpectedly responds, his voice empty, like the growing void in his eyes as they stared into his.

"No, you don't," Jihyuk shakes his head, "You don't know what value he holds."

Who says he's dropping his sword just because of this man's demons and vipers towering him? "How can a grave man like you know the essence of his innocence?" Leave him alone.

"I happen to be quite fond of it." Attracted was a better word.

"You don't have to."

Hiro's lips thinned, amused by his arrogance and his audacity to talk back.

If it were the others, everyone knew where to run off to than open their mouths to talk.

"I adore challenges."

Jihyuk watches the corner of the man's thinned lips lift into a small smile before it disappears in a second, and he happens to hesitate whether what he saw was real.