Chapter 57.2 (Part 2)

Flinching in his seat, the young fellow can't help but consistently bat his lashes at his mother's unexpected and assertive reaction.

"It's about you rushing in with the staff." He slowly mutters, lost, surprised, and a bit confused. What else could it be?

And after hearing his response, then and only then he saw her switching back to her calm poise and well collected self, causing his doubtful amethyst eyes to bristle pryingly with rare strokes of fine lavender and lilac.

He squints them in half whilst trying to soothe down his eradicate and anxious heart rate.

"Eomma, did you get into trouble?" Jin added and his voice was skeptical as his eyes continue to eye her suspiciously, but deep down his heart weighed heavily in deep concern.

His fingers were tapping disturbingly against the table's surface. Its soft thud against the hard material faintly rings and bounces towards every curve and corner in the kitchen as the clock impatiently ticks and runs.

Trouble?! Asami's lips part in disbelief, "Jin Saesang, I did not."

She emphasizes every word sternly and placed the saucepan in the sink. When she turns to face her child again, her hands were on her waist and her brows were furiously furrowed, "You dare think of your mother that way."

Jin moves his head and looks away. His fingers resumes tapping anxiously against the table before he brought them up to scratch his nape, yet not even a slightest ounce of guilt was he breathing at the moment, "Didn't you say, the newlyweds next door are getting on your nerves?"

Didn't she look like she was about to start a brawl a while ago because of that? He purses his lips, pouting. No, it was more likely she did already.

Asami's brows rise in amusement as she distressingly pinches her nose bridge with her fingers. Aigoo, what made her sweet child view her as if she's an old impractical woman who has a ticking temper? "Yes, I admit. They 'were' getting on my nerves, but that's not enough reason for me to act unsuitably to my age and standards."

She's an adult for Pete's sake. For her to start an argument let alone a brawl is already draining and tiring, not to mention unnecessary.

Jin pursed his lips even more, now guilty.

So it was not? An apologetic frown stretches across his dewy red lips as his head bows to his mother, "Gomen . . ." (Japanese: Sorry)

His purplish eyes were glistening mournfully with regret causing Asami to sigh and wave her hand slightly in front of him, "Iyo, iyo." (Japanese: It's fine, it's fine)

If he remembers correctly, his mother looked horrified and tired at the same time when he woke up.

Are people nowadays under a lot of stress?

His head takes him back to his displeasing memory of Hiro's dark bags and his frown deepens more.

Well, he, too, has been suffering a lot of headaches than the past weeks, "But what happened, Eomma?"

As she thought, there's no escaping from his inquisitive thoughts, but she doubts he wouldn't be able to learn about it tomorrow. If her child learns about it sooner or later, she might as well be the first person to discuss it with him.

Asami wipes her hands clean and picks up the serving platter then placed it in the center of the table, "The building will start restricting guests from entering and leaving the building premises starting tomorrow."

She took three plain white plates from the steel drawer and places them on the table above the mint circular table mats. She made sure to fetch forks from the cupboard and distributed them, only then did she start to gently mix the pasta from the platter.