Chapter 39

Jin's pair of displeased amethyst eyes were scorching with rarity as he battled against the two playful umbra eyes that have been boring a hole to his forehead for a few minutes now, planting an infestation inside his head.

Not to mention, he forgot to mention the unforgettable shameless and brazen attack of his intrusive hand.

They both stared at each other, with silence as their enemy. He was displaying his annoyance against Hiro's rather irritating late teenage hormones and oh, boy, he had enough strength stored inside him to glare at the once respected man he knew, returning the daggers he once shot towards him as he gently brush away his hand from the top of his thigh.

He shudders momentarily upon the feel of his skin, but as he tried pulling his hand off him, Hiro tightens his grip instead.

Gah!

Attempting again, he still wouldn't budge, not even an inch. His grip on him was caged firm.

He takes back his words about him being formal, stern, preserve, and everything else from his appraisal. The list is too long to think through one by one. He felt his world was on the edge of collapsing. Why is he acting this way?

"I don't know what you mean, Sir, but certainly you can't," even when he knew there are no chances, he continues to struggle from his grip.

Sir?

Hiro's left brow arches in humor.

Leaning on his back, he lifts his free hand, spreading his fingers towards his mouth, brushing and blocking the smile that's starting to emerge from his lips as he looks down at the little creature before him. It never crosses his mind to let him be now that he's in his grasp.

He can live with this.

Even his inner demons were in awe at the sight of his feisty behavior trapped inside his small frame. He finds it utterly intriguing.

How is that possible?

If he's not mistaken, was that a no he heard from him? "Why not?"

Jin caught the sight of his unnerving smile and he groans. How can he forget? He's not just mercurial but he's also persistent.

He doesn't know what he's up to, but oh, how he loved to wipe off that cheeky smile of his.

He admits he was terrified.

He thought a man like him wouldn't bear to step on areas seemingly below his level and certainly, he never heard of them discussing this.

He thought his purpose was just to take a quick sneak peek on his phone—that of course, he thought would run thoroughly with him staying and waiting inside the car while he'll change for a minute in their apartment and get his phone to him as promised.

Maybe it's . . .

No.

He prayed to all the saints for a minute, hoping this last assumption of his was wrong, "Did my mother ever approve of this?"

If that's the case, he believes he can't do anything about it, but how come he was never informed? Jin checks his phone for chances, but no, he hasn't received any messages. His mother never notified him.

The auspicious man beside him squeezed his thigh, calling out for his attention as his heaven-sent smile dropped. His eyes turned glacial at the sight of the device.

"She probably will, later." Why is he on his phone? His lips thinned, whereas Jin's lips parts and his jaw hangs open.

Mwo!?