chapter thirty one

Start from the beginning

"You're supposed to always be on standby."

"You know what I mean."

"You could", Mark says, looking around for confirmations.

"Awesome, when?"

"Can we go when there's less people?"

"Cookie, we were at a mall."

Haechan flips Jisung off right as a customer walks in. The five burst out laughing at how quickly his demeanor changes.

"I'll be right with you!" He says, getting a nod from the man.

He rushes behind the counter and does his best to look polite and friendly.

"What can I get you?"

"Well, I came here for a donut but I wouldn't mind your number either."

Haechan freezes, shooting panicked glances at the table before trying to recover and smiling once again. "I can only serve you donuts and drinks on our menu."

The guy chuckles. "I get it. I'll just get a chocolate donut, a glazed donut, and a vanilla milkshake."

Thank God, everyone(except the guy) thinks.

"Got it", Haechan says and gets to work on the guys order.

Jaemin keeps his eyes on Haechan, trying not show it. He relaxes even the guy finally leaves and Haechan comes back over to them.

He stands up and hold his arms out. "I want a hug."

Haechan complies and gives Jaemin a big hug, subtly pressing a kiss to his cheek in the process. Jaemin doesn't even try to hide it when he gives Haechan a kiss to his cheek as well, wishing he could give him more affection than this.

"Haechan, come here", Jisung says when they pull away.

Haechan holds his arms out, expecting Jisung to hug him. Which he does right before pulling him down onto his lap.

Chenle stands up and looks at the three sitting down expectantly. He almost goes to Jaemin but decides to sit on Jenos lap and pushes Mark in the direction of Jaemin.

"Um, what are we doing this for?"

"Affection."

"Uh, what?"

Jaemin smiles. "You don't have to."

Fuck, he's pretty

"Mark, three seconds before I let Jaemin hold me like a teddy bear."

"Uh sure?" Mark says to Jaemin and sits down, trying to ignore the quickening of his heart.

Especially when Jaemin holds him tighter and rests his chin on his shoulder, making him feel everything.

"Mark, are you blushing?" Jeno asks.

"Shut the fuck up."

The door opens right as a voice says, "Well, it looks really fucking gay in here."

"Straight people don't work here", Haechan says without bothering to see who it is.

"Are you joking?"

"Doyoung?"

"It'd be really nice if we got hugs."

Chenle and Haechan panic as they got pushed off Jisung and Jenos lap so the two can hug their friends.

"No, I wasn't joking", Haechan responds to Doyoung. "Literally one straight person works here and barely."

Doyoung nods in understanding against Jeno's head. Catching sight of Chenles phone, the ravenette smiles and then angles Jeno to face the camera as well.