• Chapter || 5 •

Dedicated to sweetblunch because her book saga - The Jealous Husbands Club - literally changed my life. One of the biggest reasons I'm so obsessed with everything Italian is thanks to her! If you do go ahead and read it, remember, Marco is mine. 😉

"Mornin' Laura, you're up early. Finally decided to clean that mess, did ya?" My mom asked, her head sticking through my half-opened door, a small smile playing on her lips.

"Yeah." I replied, smiling back. "Well then, I'll leave you to it, your father and I won't be seeing you till' dinner, so help yourself and your brothers to some takeout, alright?"

"Sure mom, bye." I sighed as she left, it felt good to finally have a decent looking room, but my arms and legs were aching, feeling like jelly.

After a few minutes of appreciating my now clean room, I took a shower and decided on wearing a pair of light denim jeans, white short-sleeved top and a thin cream-coloured turtleneck over it.

Pulling my damp hair into a tight ponytail - with a few strands falling out - I pulled my light grey ankle boots on, completing my look.

I kept my face makeup-free and headed downstairs for breakfast. I don't usually dress so nice for school, but considering my first day didn't turn out so well, I put some effort in for today.

Admit it, on the first day of a new school year, every teenager takes their time getting ready, making sure they look as perfect as they can, including you.

As I was descending down the staircase, my phone vibrated in my pocket, my special ringtone - specifically for Lexie and Isabelle - soon following suit.

It's a song called Dracula by Bea Miller. This song has been our anthem for six years.

As stupid as it sounds, I guess it describes each of us perfectly, or it did in middle school anyways.

I didn't bother seeing who it was, and answered. "Lau," Lexie's voice sounded, dangerously calm.

Oh dear, she's probably going to explode with some bad news in a few seconds. She always has the same approach.

"Yes?" I asked, whilst pouring some coco-pops in a breakfast bowl - just coco-pops. I personally don't like milk in cereal. Weird, yes. But in case you hadn't noticed, I am quite weird.

"You won't believe what happened." She stated, her tone unchanged, "What?" I asked, not at all curious.

"The Vamps are signing a stupid band with a stupid name called The Tide, it so stupid! Argh! Stupid! I can't deal with my life right now!" She screeched, making my ears go deaf.

I cringed at the volume she used, someone please help this girl. Lexie has a habit of overusing the word stupid every time she's pissed, stupid.

Also, have I mentioned Lexie's undying love for a band called The Vamps?

Well, if you've ever met Lexie, that's one topic she'll spend hours gushing about.

Personally, I don't like The Vamps, but Lexie doesn't need to know that, otherwise she'd have my head.

I heard Lexie sigh deeply on the other line, I could imagine her fidgeting and shaking her head in frustration.

I rolled my eyes. Over exaggerated fangirls. Before you call me a hypocrite, remember me mentioning two types of fangirls?

One being the crazy-everything-sci-fi-books-and-comic-con-obsessed-freak? Which is, if you've forgotten, me.