Volume 1: Epilogue 2

After figuring out they are back in the shores of Gujarat, Raghav quickly contacted home, saying he didn't wanna be caught looking in tethered clothes. Ashwin was surprised Raghav still had a working phone with him despite all the trouble they went through.

Luckily for them, it was late at night, and the  Ghogla beach seemed empty. It was natural since there were  restrictions regarding staying by the beach at night due to the recent movements of sea monsters.

Raghav's family car soon arrived for them to travel in. Succumbing to Raghav's insistence, Ashwin agreed to stay that night at his place, considering he was in no shape to meet his family. Especially when he had no shirt on, roughed up hair, and tethered up pants. It was enough for his mom to figure out that the simple camping trip with friends was not so simple. Luckily, his passive healing healed up his wounds.

While sitting in the car, the duo quickly fell asleep. They were woken up by the driver who opened the door for them.

As the two drowsily walked towards the mansion, which he didn't pay much attention to since he was too tired, Ashwin saw an old man dressed in a butler uniform standing by the door. From his appearance, he seemed like a foreigner.

"Sir Raghav, glad to know you have arrived safely" he greeted, indifferent to the state they were in. He then glanced at Ashwin. He had a hint of surprise this time though, but it only lasted a second.

"I see we have a guest. The baths are ready for the two of you along with change of clothes", the butler said as he bowed, gesturing them to enter.

Raghav smiled, "Thanks Martin", he said as he stretched his arms and walked past the butler, now identified as Martin.

Ashwin followed behind Raghav. He wanted to ask him a few things, but he didn't find it right to speak now. As he walked on, he felt weird gazes that fell on them, especially himself.

Being constantly in the forest for his training with drona, Ashwin became quite sensitive towards people's gaze. It was a skill that kept him alive.

And now feeling the gaze of the servants in the house, Ashwin forced himself to clear him mind. He looked,around, getting a good look of the interior of the mansion. The hall itself was bug enough to hold  hundred easily for a conference or party, and the walls and pillars were beautifully painted in white and blue.

But Ashwin didn't focus on the details but at the servants who were glancing at him. Seeing him look at them, the servants quickly looked away. But Ashwin was still able to figure out what they were looking it.

It was the insignia on his back. Ashwin had almost forgot about it's existence.

'Fuck! They probably think I am some kind of a delinquent!', Ashwin felt like crying. He mentally prayed not to meet Raghav's parents, and make them feel like their son is friends with a delinquent

....

I didn't wait long. Not bothering to wait and take a look at the wonderful mansion I was in, I quickly followed the servant who lead to me to the first room.

The room had an attached bathroom, and I took my time to relax in the bath tub.

By the time I was out, I saw a new pair of clothes prepared on the bed. I quickly changed into those, and dropped dead on the bed.

As the soft sensation of the bed filled my body, I fell into a deep slumber.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Morning came and passed but the two friends were in no state to wake up. The exhaustion from the past few days and the stress of constantly fighting and running and trying not to die was too much.