Volume 1: Epilogue 1

Ashwin returned to reality. He sighed in exhaustion as he finally understood that what he was looking for on this lost kingdom was already obtained. But it was nothing more than a time bomb at the moment that could kill his life if he is careless.

Ashwin got up from the throne and walked up to Asi. He stared at the black sword, and didn't waver his gaze. It was as if he was having a death stare competition with the sword although only one of them had eyes.

Ashwin grabbed the sword, and pulled. The sword that previously refused to budge easily got picked up and returned to its usual place in the scabbard that appear on aswins's back.

"You're not the real holder of 'the spell of destruction' are you?", Ashwin asked out loud as he exited the decorated throne room. He untied his ragged long hair and tied it back up into a proper pony tail as he walked away

"... So you figured it out?", Asi spoke after a long silence. His voice was unusually serious.

"Yeah. I got a first hand experience of what destruction feels like. Although the feeling I get from it and from when I release our power are similar, yet too distinct. It's as if you ability is only a fragment of what the eye holds"

"...I am merely a map to what it leads to this eye. I may have been revered as one of the greatest shastra's what won countless wars, it was never my true purpose", as said after a slight pause. The answer was not something Ashwin was expecting.

"What do u mean by map? The power u wield is just as a map?!"

"You heard me... "

"But how is it that I was never able to wield you fully if you're 'just a map'?!", Ashwin spoke, still not being able to digest this new revelation.

"Even if my power is only a fragment, it was still a part of destruction. I wield the power to negate creation, among other abilities. Magic that a mage create, a demonic beast that the nature creates, every creation will get negated when my power comes in contact with it. And the power itself is uncontrollable, since it's separated from its original strength", Asi spoke with his usually arrogant tone again.

"But for it to be materialised, it needs an external medium. And in your case, it needs something that can hold back my aimless full strength so as to not destroy in the process ", Asi chuckled, ignoring the fact that Ashwin didnt find it funny.

"So you used my lightning as a medium. But since my not strong enough to wield your strength, even a fraction of it, I feel the recoil. Also, since I now have the third eye, other original source of your power, with me, I should be able to have better control over your abilities", Ashwin muttered.

"You're not an idiot indeed"

"I know you are trying to compliment me, but I still hate the way you word it"

"You think I care? "

"... I'm sorry, Mr map"

"..."

"... What's your other abilities?"

"..."
______________

After a slight argument with Asi, Ashwin found his way out of the silver palace. As he walked past the gigantic door, Aswin found all the griffins and airavat still waiting for him.

" you're finally back", a voice came from his right. Ashwin found  Raghav sitting by the pillar. His clothes were all ragged, torn apart, and with blood stains. A few cut marks were also visible but they were in the process of healing.

" You seem to have had it rough", Ashwin spoke.

"You have no ide-", Raghav was interrupted by the cry of the ruler rank Griffin. It was glaring at duo, as if implying that they overstayed their welcome.

"... Am I the only one getting the feeling that we are getting kicked out like beggars?", Raghav said.

"... Hate to admit it, but we do look the part", Ashwin said, looking at each others tethered clothes.

_____________

Ashwin and Raghav were back on top of airavat who was merrily walking past the city and into the forest.

On the way, Raghav told him that it had already been two days since he entered the palace, much to Ashwin's surprise.

Ashwin also told him about how he met the guardian, who's lightning later combined within, and about the throne room but kept thing about the third eye to himself.

"So you're saying you got a soul grade lightning seed just like that? "

"I was almost fried to death by that thing!!"

"And why would a humanoid lightning that was trying to fry you, later hug you?!"

"I have no fucking clue!!", the two of them were screaming at each other completely forgetting they were in an unknown forest. Well, not that anything would attack them in the presence of a ruler rank mammoth.

"Well, guess what? I got a soul grade seed too! ", Raghav said excitedly.

"What The Fuck!! "

"It was the giant griffin's doing. It took me to a pit from which all sorts of scary whistles were heard. I could clearly sense the terrifying wind element inside it", Raghav started explaining.

"then?"

"That son of a bitch pushed me into that shithole! I almost got cut in pieces!! I was damn lucky that my scale armour was still with me"

"But even that didn't withstand it for long, but luckily, the seed was too weakened. I was able to absorb it's energy to peak my basic tier rank and finally breakthrough."

"You broke through? "

"Yeah. But there is a slight problem", Raghav continued. "The seed being too weak, is in a hibernation like state. I can sense it. I can only wield it's power to a level of spirit grade. For it to fully grant it's power, I would need to spend a lot of money on it"

As the conversation got on, they were finally at the beach. Airavat didn't go any further and dropped them off at the border.

Ashwin thanked it and walked towards the water.

"Now, how do we get out?", Raghav asked.

"... A gate would open up. I think"

"Remind me not to go on any stupid adventure with you.  This one definitely left a trauma for m-", before Raghav could finish, both their body lost its strength.

Their mind couldn't think straight. Their gets gave out and they were on his knees. They couldn't even speak.

Their mind was going blank and lost sense of the surroundings.

By the time they got their senses back,  they found themselves facing the city lights in the night sky filled with stars.