Chapter 8

LOVE WITH ERROR!
It’s a beautiful Sunday morning. Omar woke up early and got ready for his first date with Stephan. He was all smiles as he walked down from his room and sits in the sitting room. He was wearing a white shirt and short with a black sneaker. His skin was glowing as usual and his hair was shining. He sat on the couch with his legs crossed while waiting for Stephan’s call.
He was still waiting when he heard an unusual honk outside the house. He is not sure whether that was Stephan so he ignored the honk at first but the vehicle keeps on honking. “Are you sure that is not Stephen?” His aunt asked as she was arranging the dining table. He slowly stood up and walked out. “I will check then.” He said as he walked out.
He was surprised to see Stephan on a superbike as he walked out. “Wow.” He shouted in amazement as he walked towards him touching the bike in amazement. Stephan was already carried away by Omar’s look as he stared at him blankly. “What are you wearing Omar? That trouser is too short.” Stephan complained frowning his face.
Omar sighed and fold his arms. “There is nothing wrong with this trouser Stephan; you are just being over protective.” Omar replied looking at him. Stephan exhaled loudly as he jumped off the bike. He holds Omar’s hands and stared at him again. “No, I can’t take the risk of taking you out like this. What if some guys hits on you? I won’t let that happen.” He said as he frown his face again.
Omar laughed for a while as he holds Stephan’s hands. “Come Steph, you are just being Jealous.” Omar said still laughing. Stephan still stood with his hands folded and a frowned face. He didn’t say a word because he is in total disagreement of Omar going out with that trouser. The looks on his face reveals how jealous and possessive of Omar he is.
Omar sighed and gave him a clingy look. “Come on babe. I promise that I will behave. You know I don’t get to dress like this from where I was coming from. I just want to have an experience of how it feels.” Omar said with a worried face while blinking his eyes to Stephan.
Stephan hesitated for a while but he can’t obviously resist the temptation from the looks Omar was giving him. He sighed deeply and stared at him for a while. “Okay, we will be going but on one condition. I will buy you a long trouser immediately when people started flirting with you.” Stephan said looking very serious as he climbed on the bike.
Omar also climbed looking so excited. Stephan waited a while before he starts the bike. He turned slowly as he watched Omar. “Do you want to fall off this bike? Wrap your hands around my waist.” He said as he grabbed Omar’s hands and wrapped them around his waist. He exhaled loudly as he starts the bike. “Now I will have a full energy to ride.” He said with a smile.
They rode on the bike across the city of Lagos, going to different places. Stephan showed Omar the city and he was so excited. He would snap pictures at every place they visited. They spent a few hours riding round the town before Omar complained of hunger and they found an open food joint to eat.
It’s a popular Amala (yam flour) joint; Stephan has been hoping to try it out because of the reviews he always reads about the joint so he decided to bring Omar along. Omar has obviously never had that food before because he was tripping to have it. The cute expression on his face reveals how happy he is.
Stephan sat opposite him and placed his hands on his face admiring Omar while he was taking pictures of the food. He can’t seem to have enough of the boy; his cuteness always attracts him day by day. He is just effortlessly handsome. He was carried away watching Omar when some ladies pass by them. They stood beside Omar and asked to snap with him.
“Hey handsome, can we have a shoot with you?” One of the girls asked. Omar who was surprised stared at them blankly for a while. He slowly turned and looked at Stephan who was already looking scary. “Come on guy, it’s just a picture.” Another girl said tapping Omar’s shoulder. He smiled lithely as he stood up and took a pose with them.
They snapped a couple of pictures together. They are clearly flirting with Omar but he seems ignorant of it. One of the girls handed her phone to Omar to get his contact and he collected the phone. Stephan who was frustrated at this time stood up and dragged Omar from their midst. He holds his hand as they walk away from the joint.
He was walking so fast without saying a word. Omar kept on calling his name but he refused to turn. “You are hurting me Steph.” Omar shouted as he dragged his hands away from Stephan’s grab. He hissed and walked away from where Stephan was. Stephan quickly followed him while shouting his name but Omar was seriously angry.
He found a place and sat still looking pissed off. Stephan walked and apologized but Omar kept quiet. “Come on Omar, how would you expect me to feel when those girls were clearly flirting with you and you were flowing to their vibes? Of course I will act like a jerk.” He said looking at Omar.
Omar hissed again and stared at Stephan. “You are making me feel as if you caught me cheating Steph. I don’t want us to have trust issues right from now. It is okay when you feel possessive of me but you don’t have to chew me like this in public. I fell dominated.” He said looking angry.
Stephan moved closer and hugged him tightly. “Of course you know I trust you Omar. I just couldn’t control my emotions but I will try my possible best to control myself. I am sorry babe.” He said as he hugged him tight. Omar hugged him back and they walked back to the joint to have their meal.
Omar was enjoying every bite of the food, this is his first time of having that delicacy and he is really enjoying it. “Hurry up Omar; we need to get home on time.” Stephan said looking at him. Omar’s expression changes immediately. “I thought you will take me to the beach?” He asked looking worried.
Stephan sighed as he washed his hands in the fancy water bowl. “The weather is not friendly today Omar. But I promise to take you there some other time.” He said as he slowly stood up and head to the canter to make payment…
He was lying on his spacious bed while watching a series on his system when his phone beeped. He quickly picked it up. It is a reminder about his date with Justin. “Holy crap.” James shouted as he jumped off the bed and barged into the bathroom. He quickly took a shower and within a short while, he is ready and dressed in a nice outfit.
It’s just something casual, a shirt and a trouser with a jacket but James was looking effortlessly handsome. He sprayed different perfumes, picked a matching wrist watch and stared at the mirror for a while. He sighed deeply as he closed his eyes and opened them slowly. He knows this won’t be easy but he has to end things with Justin before they got out of hand.
He exhaled loudly again and adjusted himself. “It is just a damn break up James. You can do this.” He said to himself still looking into the mirror. He was reluctant for a while before picking his car keys and walking out of his room. His mother wasn’t at home so he was able to leave the house without issues.
He drove to Justin’s house following the direction he sent through goggle map. He was astonished to see the mansion. It is a very big house, looking very exquisite and expensive. James honked his car at the gate and a security guard opened the gate for him, he drove in and packed the car slowly. He stepped out of the car looking and admiring how beautiful the mansion is. Justin was already waiting for him by the entrance.
Justin holds James’s hands as they walked into the house. James couldn’t stop admiring how large and beautiful the house was. He was looking nervous because different thoughts were running through his mind. He never planned on how to disclose the break up to Justin. He kept on thinking of how to do it before he decided to start a light conversation.
There was an awkward silence between then so he summoned courage and speak up. “You have a nice house Justin” He said as he faked a smile at Justin. Justin smiled back as he was also looking nervous and tender. His expression reveals how novice he was in the act. He slowly stood up and walked to the mini fridge in the large sitting room.
He brought a bottle of juice and glasses as he offered one to James. “Here, you can have this before the chef finished cooking.” He said still looking tensed. James collected the glass as Justin poured a little Juice in it. They drank the juice while awkwardly watching a TV show. James was just having mixed thought because he is eager to execute his plans and leave the house.
He slowly dropped the glass of juice and faced Justin. He sighed deeply and closed his eyes for a while and later opened them. “I have something to tell you Justin.” He said with a straight face. Justin turned over and faced him with a smile. “What is that James?” He asked. James giggled a bit. “I just want to let you know that our relationship will…” He was still talking when Justin’s phone started ringing.
“I am sorry James, my dad is calling.” Justin said as he picked up the phone looking excited. He greeted his dad happily and after a while of conversation, his mood changes immediately. Tears started rolling down his face as he cut off the phone and dropped it immediately. James became worried seeing how Justin was behaving.
He quickly moved closer to him and holds his hands. “Is everything alright Justin? What is wrong with you?” He asked curiously. Justin continued crying for a while before he sniffled a bit and faces James. “It’s my parents James, I thought they would be flying back today. I thought I could get to see them for a while and probably introduce you. But they have another excuse.” He said with a sad face.
He sighed again and adjusted himself. “You see, my parents use to have a business abroad, they are always travelling out. They hardly spend quality time with me. I insisted on them moving me over there with them but they refused. I am always staying here by myself with the workers, it is fucking lonely and boring James, and all these luxuries are nothing when there is no love and attention.” Justin added as he burst into another tears.
He leaned on James’s shoulder as he continued crying. James pitied the boy at this time. This explains why he has been cold to everyone at school. He is probably lonely. Justin slowly raised his head and faced James. “Promise me you won’t leave me James. Promise me to always be here for me. I really need your love and attention. I don’t want to be depressed anymore.” Justin pleaded.
This is the point where James’s realized how deep he puts himself into this trouble. He couldn’t resist the looks of desperation on Justin’s face. He is sure that Justin can do anything harmful to himself if he dares break up with him right now. James realizes that he has no choice than to continue this game.
He is sure that he doesn’t love Justin; he just has to play along to help his life. This is the least he can do for humanity, pending the time his parents will be back in town, he is sure that he can hold in there. James nodded his head with a smile and Justin also smiled back as he slowly placed a kiss on James’s lips.
This is surely going to be a disaster. James is really in a big mess because he isn’t sure of how to continue this fake relationship. It is already clear to him that Justin might be a bully, but he is really soft and tender in the inside. He just hopes he can cope with this fake relationship for a while before he finds a suitable time and ends it…
The following day being Monday, Stephan and Omar drove to school together as usual while Cleo and Nelson also drove in together. Everyone was looking happy because they all had a wonderful weekend. Cleo couldn’t wait to gist her friends about her wonderful weekend date at Nelson’s.
She kept on showing off her new bag and other stuff which she got from their shopping sessions. She kept on ranting about how romantic and caring Nelson was. Andrew who was pissed off with her acts hissed silently. “We equally shared him bitch.” He murmured to himself.
Omar stared at James who was absent minded from their conversation. He tapped his shoulder and James was startled. “Are you alright James? Don’t tell me you are already missing Justin after you decided to break up with him?” Omar asked sarcastically. “Wait, did you actually end the prank on him?” Andrew asked curiously.
James sighed deeply as he holds his head. “Guys, I thought this would be easy task, but seems I am getting myself into more trouble.” James said looking worried. Cleo moved closer and holds his hands. “What is going on James? Talk to us.” She said looking at him. James exhaled again as he told them his encounter at Justin’s place.
“I seriously had it planned; I never thought that the boy will be having such family issues. And I clearly can’t end it on him because he is already depressed. I don’t want to be the reason he would do something silly.” James said looking worried.
Andrew giggled for a while. “That was why I insisted you never start that nonsense at the first place. I was talking from experience James. I know exactly how it feels to live with the guilt of concealing something that is not right. Most especially if it deals with betraying people who honestly trusts you.” Andrew said looking serious.
“But he never trusted me at the first place. I was just playing a prank on him as he always does.” James defended himself. Andrew hissed a bit. “Those pranks were two different types. He was honestly pranking you for fun while you were trying hard to earn his trust just to shatter his heart and now see where you are leading him to. Isn’t this infidelity?” Andrew chewed James out.
They all stared at him because he seems to be more mature and serious on what he was saying. They were still talking when they sighted Justin walking to their table. He has a mini souvenir bag with him as he walked majestically towards them. Everyone in the class was surprised how calm and gentle Justin was behaving.
The whole class was staring at him till he reached where James was seated. “Good morning babe.” He greeted as he handed him over the bag which contains some desserts for breakfast. He slowly bent down to James’s face and gave him a peck. “Get ready for my romantic side James. We are going official.” He whispered as he turned and walked away.
James sat dumb as he watched Justin walked out of the class while the whole students were shouting JJ (JustinJames). Cleo who was also looking shocked as she slowly leaned on James’s shoulder. “This is going to be hell Jams.” She whispered. James was still surprised at the moment. “What have I gotten myself into?” He asked still looking shocked.
Andrew giggled and laughed. “So what are you going to do after this James? You can clearly see what you are trying to do is turning over with you right?” He said with a wicked smile. They all kept quiet for a while. James sighed deeply as he stared at the breakfast bag. “I can’t let this go on, I have to put an end to it soon.” He said…
Andrew was sitting and staring angrily at Cleo while she tells her fairy experience with Nelson. The fact that he has to listen to her everyday rant about Nelson is already killing him. Even though he is the most closest to her among them all, he is beginning to dislike her slowly. This feeling of hate and jealousy keeps on eating his heart and he seriously hates it.
He felt terrible within him and suffocated. He slowly excused himself as walked out of the class and called Nelson but unfortunately, he couldn’t make it up for him at the moment. He hissed as his heart started burning up knowing that he need to have sex. He quickly remembered that he could actually call on Charles so he called him immediately. They met at the usual spot and had another marathon sex.
Charles slowly understands that Andrew isn’t giving him adequate attention unless when it comes to sex. He confronted Andrew about it but Andrew make up an excuse as usual. He was about leaving when he received a text message from Cleo. “Hey best, Stephan is planning a surprise birthday party for Omar this weekend at the beach, he is inviting us all with our partners. Don’t let Omar know or you will blow up the surprise.” The message says.
Andrew smiled and giggled. This is another chance for him to use and lure Charles more into his trap. At least he can take him to the birthday party as his partner, that can actually make Nelson jealous and he would make a decision quickly. He invited Charles for the party and he agreed to attend with him.
Andrew smiled wickedly as he drove back home. “Just wait and see Cleo, I will make sure Nelson chooses me over a hundred of your kind.” He said still smiling…
TO BE CONTINUED…