I opened the door then beckon him inside, entering the house and following me from behind. I stood infront of my room and I turned my head towards him, my eyes wander around the place. "I have to inform my mom first-"

"Hello ma!" He greeted my mother with a smile whom just entered the area from the living room. She replied with a smile at him as she approached us. "I'm going to help him with his homeworks," I told my mother. "I'm helping her too," he added.

"Of course, have a great time!" Mother gave me a cheeky smile as usual. She has been always like that since Xavier first visited here. My mother knows him very well, that's why sometimes he calls her 'mother' or such because of how close they are to one another. I love seeing them bonding with each other.

We entered my room as mother head elsewhere, probably back to the living room where my father is. Xavier observed the room as he walked towards my desk, placing the books on it. I seat myself on the chair and starts flipping the pages, searching for the homework.

"Your things are arranged so neatly," he remarked, looking through the shelves of books and pictures of memories. "Unlike as the last time I remembered," he added with a scoff. I rolled my eyes at him, "You're here to do your homework, not to wander around my room."

"You mean our homework, you need my help too," he sneered. Xavier approached me then pulled the chair out from the desk. He held my right arm, pushing me gently onto the chair and signalling me to sit.

My eyes were fixed on the book until the moment he touched my arm, my heart skipped a beat as I desperately laid my butt on the chair. Thoughts are running around in my mind that drives me insane for a brief moment, I have to snap back into my senses.

But I am totally not okay.

Gaining back my composure, I avoid myself from stealing even a milisecond glance of him. "Let's start with maths," he slipped out my maths notebook from the pile. The quick brush of his fingers onto my hand made me froze on my spot. Oh please, I have to stop overreacting.

"Okay," I mouthed.

Xavier started explaining as I quietly sit and listen to him attentively. I regained my composure and kept any other bothering thoughts away, atleast as long as I can.

Just in a few minutes of listening to his lecture, I became flustered when he laid his hand on my shoulder and pat me softly. "I hope you understood everything," he said. I instinctively let out a giggle. "I understood, now its my turn to help you." I turn my head away to hide my flushed cheeks. I could hear his soft laugh under his breath, knowing that he clearly noticed it.

I exhaled softly as I pulled out a few books of chemistry. Xavier took one of them then he flipped the pages, searching the homework he needs help on. He showed the page, "This one."

As I started, I tried acting as natural as I expected. And it went well. Everything flows out in ease, I explained then he asked and I answered. It keeps on going without destroying my composure and allowing my thoughts to wander about something else.

"Due to the reaction of the acid and the carbonate, an effervescense will be seen."

"Effervescense due to the formation of carbon dioxide gas?"

"Yes."

I  responded with a nod as I lift my head up to look at Xavier, whom has been staring at me for who knows how long, which I wasn't expecting at all. I realize how close we are towards each other. His hand resting on the table while the other holding onto the chair I am sitting on. His tall figure have been towering over me for the whole minutes of me explaining about the chemistry subject to him.

I gulped, hoping he didn't noticed that due to the small gap between us. It is possible for him to see every inch of my moves. Realizing how long he have been standing, I stood up, "Have a seat, you have been insisting yourself to stand up."

"But its your chair," he asserted.

"Save your debates for tomorrow's class. Not with me for now." Without sparing a glance at him, I pushed him onto the chair. He let out a short laugh as I ignored his action. I persistently kept my nonchalant visage.

Deep inside, my heart is racing uncontrollably.

I stood next to him and continued my explanation as he grabbed a pencil from the desk and starts noting down, even scribbling some words on his book that I couldn't read. In some moments he would glance at me then focus back on his book, which led me to focus on him rather than on what I was explaining.

"Can we stop for a moment? My head starts aching from my own lectures," I reasoned. "Gladly, my mind was somewhere else and I can't focus anymore," his eyes become drowsy, looking at me for awhile then he laid back onto the chair.

"You can close your eyes for a moment." I brush away the strands of his blue hair from his eyes. "Your hair is so fluffy," I mumbled.

"You can touch them again," he said with his eyes closed. I observed his face slowly turning into pink, almost slightly red. I can't help but to giggle at him. "Are you blushing?" I teased.

He didn't say a word, instead a downward smile formed on his lips. His eyes flutter open, connecting our gaze to each other. He stood up from his chair abruptly, causing me to slightly flinch. I watch him grabbing onto one of the books on my desk, roughly flipping the pages as I observed his flushed face.

I choked on my own saliva along with the insane thoughts running throughout my mind. He just blushed, because of me? I refuse to believe that, because we are just friends right?

"What are you searching for?" I cleared my throat, reaching my hand towards the book he was holding. "You're going to tear the book," I managed to stop him by clasping onto his arm. I pull the book away from his touch.

As I was about to let go his arm, he hold onto my arm tightly, then slowly soften his grip. Our eyes gaze into each other, sparks of affection and wonder, I can see it all in his orbs. His warmth spreading within my hand grasped by him. Minutes felt like hours, everything turned into slow motion.

Everything stopped, my breath hitched in my throat as I realized in the situation we are in at the moment. His orbs flickered onto my lips for a milisecond, still noticeable to me. He gulped visibly and took a few steps back.

"Y/n," he exhaled as he release his touch from my hand. He closed his eyes for a moment, seemingly to ponder. I remained in silence patiently, predicting what he is going to probably speak and what is in his thoughts. Doubting myself at the same time — I am probably being overconfident.

But this time, I am sure.

"Xavier, if you need more time, it's okay."

"No, I have to tell you now that-" He paused in hesitation.

"I have feelings for you. I love you."

Xavier avert his gaze away from me in embarassment. He kept his head low, facing onto the ground. My mouth gaped in shock and at the same time, ecstacy.

"Since when?" I questioned and looked at him with sincerity. "Not long after we started talking, or I can say that we became friends," he responded, still staring onto the ground.

"Xavier."

"Hm?"

"I love you too."

"What?" He turned his head at me with a disbelief look on his face.

"If you're wondering, since-" I pursed my lips as I thought, "I was still in denial two weeks ago so that is when it started."

"I might have went insane because of you," I added.

"You drove me insane, you showed me mixed signals," he run his fingers through his hair in frustration and still in denial of the truth, because it is too good to be true. "Are you being real?" He reassured.

"This is real. I love you, Xavier."

I take his hand then he pull me into his embrace, hugging me tightly. He nuzzled againsy my hair with his arms around my waist, my arms around his shoulders.

"You're not my friend, but my girl from now on."

♥︎