4

The days following Camp Jupiter's ruin we're busy days. Percy found himself regretting the fact that he wanted something to happen. Campers trickled in with more frequency as more of them figured out that Camp Half-Blood was still standing. Their numbers grew, and with that, their anger.

But something felt off to Percy. Nothing that has happened since this war started has made sense to Percy. Only one person can understand her actions, and that's herself. Why would Annabeth attack the Roman camp but leave the Greek one alone? Did she know about the tunnels?

That thought spurred Percy into action. He had to find Reyna.

Stopping a passing counselor, he asked, "Where's Reyna?"

"Stables, why—hey!"

Percy didn't spare him a second glance as he took off across the camp for the second time in a week.

"Reyna!"

He made it to the stables to see her dumping a bucket full of food into the food trough for Guido.

"Percy?" She turned to see him slide to a stop. "What is wrong?"

"Did you ever tell Annabeth about the tunnels?" He panted.

Reyna paled. "I-I'm not sure, are they being attacked?"

Percy shook his head. "I have a bad feeling about this."

"Should we contact Thalia?"

That seemed like a good idea. He dug around his pockets, looking for a drachma. They started walking towards the stream on the other side of the stables so he could create some mist. By the time they made it there, he had finally located a coin he could use.

"Oh, Fleecy, do me a solid and show me Thalia Grace."

The rainbow rippled and showed Thalia somewhere in a forest. "Percy, I'm a little busy right now!"

The sounds of battle reached Percy's ears and he realized that they were under attack. "Where are you?"

"Somewhere in Wyoming, we're having problems getting to a secure location because some Cyclopes caught up to us a few miles back."

"Let me see behind you," Percy said, straining his eyes. "I'll come help. We need to talk."

Thalia moved to the side, allowing him to see her surroundings. "I'm coming." Reyna said.

"Fine." Percy grabbed her arm and vapor traveled to Thalia's side.

Reyna suddenly bent over and heaved.

"You alright?" Thalia asked, concerned.

"I'm fine."

"Vapor travel does that to people the first couple times around." Percy said, taking a look at his new surroundings.

Without another word, the three of them jumped into battle.

The fight ended shortly after Percy and Reyna arrived. The three of them worked as a well oiled machine to take down the monsters that were following the small group of hunters and the family of four they had found. It seems they were trying to get to the Hunter's camp before they moved on to Camp Half-Blood.

"How soon after you found them at the tunnels did they attack?" Percy asked Thalia and her hunter partner once they were finally done.

"A few days, why?"

"Do you think there was any way that Annabeth had planted them around where the exit would be so she could kill any who tried to escape?" Reyna asked now.

Thalia and the hunter paled. "Oh, no."

"A few days is too short after leaving the tunnels. Unless it was pure luck." Percy said. "Can you check with your other groups to make sure they're okay?"

"Of course." Thalia walked off, presumably to make a rainbow.

"What is it, Mr. Jackson?" The father of the family walked up to them a few minutes later, his brow furrowed in concern.

Percy hesitated but eventually caved. It would be good for him to be aware of the situation. How he tells his family is up to him. "Our enemy knows of the tunnels." He said simply. "She may be placing traps for any trying to escape."

The father's face went white and Percy absentmindedly noted that a lot of people were doing that today. He thanked them and walked back to his family.

"We'll need to increase the numbers in the groups we send out to bring them home," Reyna said to me.

"Do you think we could send out Leo's war ship?" Percy asked.

The son of Hephaestus had made some repairs and updates to Festus since Annabeth had left them. It had more room, weapons, and was faster.

"That might be a good idea."

Thalia was walking quickly toward them from where she had walked off to. "A few of my hunters reported monsters attacking them a few days after leaving the tunnel exits as well."

Percy sighed in part frustration and part dread. "We're going to send out Leo's ship and more people."

"Let us know if you need help," Reyna told Thalia. "We'll be as fast as possible."

Thalia nodded before turning to the rest of her group to get a move on.

Percy grabbed a hold of Reyna's arm again and traveled back to camp. They landed in the creek, near the spot where he was claimed by his father. Reyna only just barely kept it together this time.

Eyeing the rock where Chiron killed the hellhound that had been intent on killing him suspiciously, he quickly climbed out with Reyna not too far behind. With a touch, he dried her off and they set off towards the Big House. But not before glancing warily at the spot where Annabeth had revealed herself so many years ago. So many things have changed.

"Why did we land in the creek?" The Roman leader asked.

"My aim isn't so great sometimes when I travel like that. I meant to put us right outside the Big House." Percy explained. "Sometimes I land in the nearest body of water instead. It's sometimes easier to aim for something connected to the water if not a body of water in general."

They got some stares as they stormed through camp. No one dared stop them, though. They knew the look on Percy's face by now. A few even ran to get their counselors so they could go to the Big House.

Chiron's face sank even lower than it has been as of late, if that was possible. "What happened?"

"Annabeth is laying traps at the tunnel exits," Percy answered quickly. "We need to send out more people. Reyna, I'll let you take care of that. I'm going to go find Leo."

"Last I heard, he was in Bunker 9." Chiron called after Percy.

Percy ran in the direction of where the Bunker was. His short friend must be working on something. He only went to Bunker 9 when he figured out a project.

"Leo!" He banged on the rock where he knew the opening to be hidden. "Open up, we need to talk!"

It took a few seconds but the opening revealed itself and Percy walked in. "Is the Argo II ready to head out?" He asked immediately.

"Not quite, why?" Leo asked from underneath a pile of metal.

"We need to get the rest of the Roman campers here as fast as possible and with more protection." Percy answered. "Annabeth is sending troops to the tunnel exits." He silently wondered how many more times he would have to say that.

Leo froze in whatever he was doing. "Alright, this can wait then." He crawled out of the pile and headed over to the exit of the bunker.

"What were you working on?"

"Hopefully a few surprises for when Annabeth comes to attack the camp."