SIMPHIWE SHANDU THE HUSBAND

Depuis le début

After he dropped me home, I decided to lock myself up in my room. What a disappointing night and I was looking forward to it. 
“You have to eat something.” 
I ignore my mother who has been banging the door like a mad woman. Can't she get it that I just need to be alone and be left alone.
“I will eat.” 
I am not in a good mood to eat. Simphiwe finished all my appetite and he does not give a damn!
“I will leave the food here on the floor.” I hear the plate being placed down on the tiles and footsteps fading. Who am I fooling - I am hungry!
I jump off the bed with my big stomach...

I have been checking my phone all day and there is no call from Simphiwe, asking how I am. How I am coping with all the trouble I've been through, the trouble he put me through. I still have pains in my lower abdomen from time to time. And due to stress levels looks like I will be giving birth earlier and sooner than expected.
He was just active a minute ago and he never even bothered to ask me if I arrived safely or what!
I need to sleep before I lose my mind. I cannot be possibly stressing my mind with the action of an old man. Sighs!

NOZIMANGA

I am in high spirits today. I have not fetched Nozi and I am not going to anytime soon. I still need some time to sleep after that handful night I had. I see Simphiwe’s care driving through. I stand by the window and look at his car carefully. Now that I'm looking at it in close range - this is the same car I saw yesterday. The dog that is on the dash board! 
I take a deep breath calming myself. I look at the time and it's just right after 10:00am. So, has he started again? I will keep my cool and play the game he is playing. I am tired of Simphiwe can his stunts. 
“Babe.” He closes the door and comes to give me a hug. The hotel shower gel just sells him off, making my suspicions correct. Did we actually book in the same hotel? Or did he really go home? 
“How is everyone at home?” I ask. 
“All good.”: she responds avoiding eye contact.
“What was the emergency?” 
“What emergency?”
Is he really asking? I put on my catty face of which I know very well he is afraid of.
“Ow yea, my sister's son is not okay. Can I go sleep for a bit I am tired.” 
“That shower gel smells so nice.” 
I retrieve my face from catty to being sweet. Confuse the enemy at hand. I see his salvia swimming down his throat. Swallowing huge lumps. My suspicions have been confirmed that he is still cheating. 
“Okay.” I turn to leave...
“Where is Zuri?” 
“Daycare.” the dismissive tone in me. 
The shock on his face is something else, does he expect me to take care of his baby while he is whoring? If he cheats, I cheat, simple. Tired of crying the Nile River alone. He must get to feel what I feel when he leaves me at home to have the time of his life. 
“Isn't she too young?” 
“No,” 
“Are you sure?” 
“I hired a stay in nanny for her.” 
Now the topic is suddenly interesting for him. Did he not say he was off to sleep? 
“Is she reliable?” 
What does he mean?
“I have been leaving Zuri with this woman for almost two months.” 
I spit out with my BP rising. 
“Without my consent?” 
“That is because you are never here! If it’s not the late-night calls it’s sneaking around and texting non-stop. It's you lying that you have an emergency at home lying whereas you were in some hotel with some whore!” 
A loud thunder closing my ears and making my vision blurry. 
“Did you just slap me?” I held my cheek in disbelief. No matter how bad our fight gets, he has never laid his hand on me. 
“Nozi...” 
I shot back, the slap of a lion. I will not go down without a fight. H sleep empties I will sleep empties. Fuck bitches around I will fuck every stripper around them hood. Bring bustard kids from all over - I will gladly do the same. 
“Nozi, you smacked me?” 
“Ow trust me I will smack you again and again!” I click my tongue and walk out of the house. 
I see the gates closing...
“You got to be kidding me.”
I march back to the house and the devil is pressing harshly on the gate remote. 
“Simphiwe, open this gate right this minute!” I half scream.”
“For what reason Nozi?” 
The anger in me is brewing up unexpectedly. Once upon a time I was fucked whole night without mercy and I come back home to this! I grab the, a vase that I bought for these roses that my side man bought me! I threw it in his direction. The vase hits his head with it scattering all over the floor. I march towards him and give him one hell of an upper cut. 
“(Namuhlanje uzongazi wena!) Today, you will know me.” 
“Haibo makoti!” 
That is the devil. What the hell is she fucken doing in my house? He should thank his lucky stars that I didn’t kill him. I was about to. 
“This is the way you have been treating my son?” she hisses and strides towards me. 
“Mah please, this is between me and my wife.” 
“Wife my foot. A wife is a woman with inzalo. You can't tell me when you call this a wife.” 
I have had it with this woman.  My chest is rising up and down in anger. 
“Says someone who doesn’t even know her husband has a second wife and a child!” 
The room becomes silent. 
“What did you say?” she asks. I bite my tongue regretting my mouth. 
“Talk!” she half shouts. 
“I can hear you from all the way down the road. It's so early in the morning and you are here to cause trouble in your son's house.” 
“She hit my son with a vase!” 
“Did you even ask what happened or you just taking sides without facts.” 
“I saw her hitting my son! And said you married and have a basted child as well. Girly is failing to contain her marriage and she decides to make my marriage upside down.” 
“Simphiwe go wash that blood off and come back here. We need to sort this for once and for all.” 
He limps upstairs. 
I begin to clean and pick the pieces of the broken vases on the floor. My roses are now damaged by just a useless goat. He comes back later looking clean and fresh. My mind is still stuck on my roses. Jele bought me these. A tear escaped my eye. 
“I'm sorry.” he mutters looking at me sympathetically. I don’t care, all I want are my roses from the men that blessed me all night!