Chapter 3: Post Abduction

Comincia dall'inizio

"Counting you and I?" she asked suddenly.

"Yeah." I said in a hushed cry.

"5." She answered bluntly.

My heart skipped a beat. Five. There were five people down here.

Unable to stop myself from asking the question that had been on my mind, I blurted it out. "Have you all been kidnapped too?"

"Yes." Her answer was immediate this time. There was no hesitation.

"Why?" I asked, blinking away more tears that threatened to spill over.

"The game." A timid voice I didn't recognize answered.

I was silent a moment. A game? I asked myself bizarrely. A man kidnapped 5 people to play a game with them? What could he possibly want to play? Hide and seek?

"What type of game?" I asked the timid voice.

"We don't know." another voice spoke up. This one was feminine as well, but sounded more like a younger version of Betty DeVill from the Rugrats.

At her response, I stayed quiet. No one else spoke. Not for hours.

Slowly, small amounts of morning light filtered beneath the door, casting the room we had all been inhabiting in a soft blue light.

It was still too dark in the room to make out any tell tale features on the girls faces, but I could see their figures now as the darkness slowly lifted from the room.

We were in a basment of some kind. I almost rolled my eyes. How cliché.

A few minutes passed before I heard movement above us. Almost like shuffling. I began to wonder if they were dancing.

Until the door open.

Light from an incredibly bright lightbulb awakened the remaining darkness in the room. It disappeared much like I did beneath my blankets when my alarm would wake me up in the mornings.

I squinted up at the figure in the doorway.

"Rise and shine, beauties!" a deep, masculine voice boomed.

The other girls stirred, causing me to turn my attention to them.

I gasped and jumped a little in surprise. Their wrists and ankles were bound together, completely different from mine. I was able to freely move. But this wasn't what surprised me. What surprised me were their physical traits.

They all looked almost exactly like me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Brenton: September 2, 2014

I sat in the Symone's living room on their small, stiff couch, my head in my hands and my elbows on my knees.

I hadn't gotten any sleep last night. Not when I found out Mona was missing.

My phone rang loudly, jerking me out of my illness induced slumber. I grumpily searched my bed sheets for my phone, the song playing annoyingly as it continued to ring. No one ever called me, so I was a little peeved that I was getting a call and not a text message.

When I found it wrapped within my comforter, I checked the caller I.D. and saw it was Mona's mom.

I swiped the "answer" icon and lifted my phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice groggy.

"Brenton! What took you so long? Are you ok? Is she with you?"