Chapter 7

Almost a year has passed, and Kayline has become the perfect nanny. She has gotten really close with the girls and even the boys. She blushes at the thought of Ryker. Even though he is the prince, and she works for them. They have had a few stolen kisses. Which is bound to bring trouble because of the soon engagement he will have with someone with whom he will have met for the first time.

Will and her have become really good friends. Every now and then they will go out to the wall and see her old "hometown". She enjoys his company, and they've been each other's helpers throughout the years. And even The King and Queen love her too. She has gained their trust completely.

She has even uncovered some really secret stuff at the palace. Even a secret underground run operation called Black Winter. And apparently they had basically holding Ryker hostage. She couldn't believe that he would be working with them at first, he was too sweet and too much of a good person to be working with them. After a long time, she finally confronted him.

Instead of keeping it to himself, he told her outright which had her surprised. She has been getting almost every inside information from Black Winter. Her feelings for Ryker would have to make room for everything else. Did she really have the boys? Did she really have their trust? Everyday seemed to be a testament to that.

She hasn't talked to her sister in over a year. She missed her so much. Kayline has seen pieces of her in the girls and it made her happy. She is dreading the day that will come when her true identity will come up. She really hopes that will not happen, but in her line of business, that's how it usually goes.

The suitors for the princes are coming at the end of the week and that's when she has to get ready for the real mission. That's when Chris and Noah arrive. And everything has to be perfect.

"Hey beautiful." Ryker shows up and plants a kiss on her cheek. Kayline tried to dive out of the way, but just steps aside afterwards.

"Your highness, you know you can't do that anymore. You are due to be engaged within the next few weeks. You can't be seen like this with me anymore."

" But-"

" Come one Ryker, I know this is hard, but we've already had this discussion. We had fun... and I had a really good time, I did. But there is no reality where we could be together and you know that too. I know how much this kingdom means to you, and I know what lengths you would go to protect it, so we can't be together like that anymore. I'm sorry." He remained silent for a while, and then nodded his head.

"Of course, I'll respect your wishes." They hear Will coming down the hallway, and they stepped away from each other.

"There you are Emma." He looked between the two and cleared his throat.

"You guys finally end things?" He said. Ryker was a little surprised. But Kayline wasn't. They did try to be discreet, but with as much she has spending with Will as well, she wasn't surprised. He is pretty smart, he is fact going to be running the country pretty soon.

" You need anything Will?" Even though she is undercover, over time she started to develop feelings for Ryker and that need to go away as soon as possible.

"Oh yes. The girls said they will be needing your help for the dance tonight. And the King wants to speak to you." Kayline frowned at that.

"The King? Okay." She still sounded unsure. They only talked when there was a serious matter regarding the girls.

She said her brief goodbyes to Ryker and Will followed her to the girls.