ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪ

✧ ✦ ✧

                    ✧ ✦ ✧

You lift off your shirt over your head, stuffing it back in the closet to withdraw something more comfortable according to your liking, suitably for night.

You rummaged through your closet and you can't t
differentiate, though there's a feeling lingering within you contemplating you to voice out.

Why do you feel there are less stuff here from before’

"My favourite hoodie is also gone, have I given it to someone?" You scrutinized extending your hands towards a navy blue t-shirt "I'll ask the other teachers about it" shrugging your shoulders, you thought after shutting the closet, wearing a bigger sized t-shirt over your frame.

You have auspiciously became friends with a number of teachers and professors in the university, so you all get along pretty well. Some are even near your age so they visit your house often. It's absolutely possible you lend it to someone and forgot about it.

You turned around facing your little brother sleeping soundly. This boy really sleeps like he was running errands all day.

You stepped closer and got under the sheets supporting your head on your arm looking at your brother fondly reminding you how he was scared to sleep alone after watching a horror movie and came running to your room. Truly a scaredy cat.

Scooting closer, you ran your hands in the lucious locks, slowly caressing his hair between the hurdle of soft strands, careful enough not to wake him up.

"Maybe he is finally recovering from the trauma he felt 4 years back"

4 years back, the memory still dreads you. You remember how shattered you felt. That was the prime time you felt grief. It was the worst emotion one could bottle up within,  as if an overwhelming sadness crushing you driving you to brink of madness. It felt being homesick, but knowing your home no longer exists.

A person can feel suffocated only two way, either you get packed in a closed place where you struggle to breath or you are being chocked to death . Sadly you had experienced the other side of suffocation, where the cause of asphyxiation is the shrieking reality that makes yourself feel abundant in the society

All this time, the only thing that kept you going was your brother, even now just his presence gives you a boost of energy. You are sure if he wasn't there, you would have given up on that forlorn life long back.

Back then, all you could've seen was misery lingering around you but now it  had really converted into endless happiness. You can't thank God enough for having Minjun by your side. You just hope everything stays the same as it is now, you don't know if you are strong enough to handle another misery.

Jungkook bit his lower lip, fondling it with his tongue, fixating his eyes on the laptop screen infront of him.

It's hard for him to even centralize on anything, just by thinking about her mere existence. Her existence is a threat to his sanity, as if she was a butterfly floating by who catches his eyes within second. He want to cage the beautiful butterfly, he would do anything to get her in his grip.

He looked down clutching her hoodie in his hands, At this moment, he has her belonging in his hand.

Next,

will be her.

A tall blond guy entered the room, not bothering to knock as he barged in "Hey Bud" he said leaning sideways on the door.

Jungkook immediately shut down the laptop sighing afterwards "How many times have I told you to knock before you enter" he swivelled om his chair turning around facing the said man.

"Was I supposed to count? Damn, you know I'm not good at memorizing stuff" he smirked making his way to the couch next to the door

"Shut your crap" the sitting male crossed his arms glaring at the man infront of him

Taehyung put his long hand on his muscular chest, showcasing a hurt look "Such use of vocabulary with me" he exaggerated "I'm hurt" he tilted his head with a cheeky look.

he sighed frustrated "Why are you here?"

Taehyung chuckled "You really want me to leave" He put his hands on his lap focusing on him "It's your father. He called, he want to meet you"

Jungkook turned around in his chair showcasing his broad back to the other guy "That's all? You can leave now"

“Jungkook atleast listen what he wan—”

Jungkook smirked "You want me to talk to that old wiener, knowing what he did to me" he said controlling his rage not to burst out

"First your father and now You" he chuckled with a hint of anger lacing his words "Guess blood really is fucking thick"

"Look, I'm not on his side, but just understand that he is not a bad person—"

Jungkook spinned around on his chair facing the latter, looking at him with his eyes burning in fire, there was a storm leashed behind his eyes, he felt beyond rage.

“Bullshit! It doesn't even matter. What he did to her is unforgivable”

"Jung—"

"Leave" before the other could say anything, the raven haired male cut him off.

Taehyung couldn't help but sigh leaving the room without anymore negotiation. He knows Jungkook won't hear a thing anymore, so he just left the room, closing the door on his.

Jungkook ruffled his hair and sighed, opening the laptop and by the time she had already dozed off, witnessing her sleeping frame, he felt at peace like a dew-mist past by in an evening sky.

It felt as he was drunk with fatigue. Only she can make him so rested yet so carefree at the same time as if he has found the secret of living in an enlightened peace

He felt proud of himself for installing those hidden cameras in her house, there are almost the size of button, but captures everything perfectly.

She was a piece of art of for him, a beauty that led him off the cliff, one that makes the other so smitten, driving  them to the rim of insanity, compelling them to do the wrongs for the sake of love. The beauty that coerce them to make bad decisions or something that's not ethical.

Before they know it, they've gone too far and made a dreadful decision.

Jungkook was just another victim