chapter 3: weisz DOES have a leather jacket fantasy

~weisz~

       I try to eat my lunch in peace, but Marie takes the opportunity to sit beside me on the bench since Reno currently isn't beside me. I even try to ignore her, but she doesn't seem to take the hint. "You getting jealous?" she asks.

       "Alright, I'll amuse you," I say. "What exactly am I supposed to be getting jealous at?"

       Marie gestures towards Reno, who's currently talking to Gabriel. They have been for a while now, but I don't care. Reno said he wanted to ask Gabriel some good spots in Paris to go to when we have free time so we won't have to waste any time trying to find somewhere to go.

       "Again, why am I supposed to be jealous?" I ask.

       "Because your boyfriend is talking to someone else."

       I sigh heavily. "Marie, Reno is allowed to talk to other people. I don't know why you always have to make such a big deal out of it. Besides, you're the last person on the planet who should vocalize your opinion about Reno talking to people who aren't me."

       Marie glares at me. "I'm just trying to warn you. I heard them talking in French. You know, one of the romance languages?"

       I don't know why she's trying so hard to vilify Reno after she cheated on me and continued to date the guy she cheated on me with. She shouldn't be judging anything Reno does, especially when Reno hasn't done a single thing to make me doubt my relationship with him.

       "They're speaking French because we're in France," I say. "And Gabriel's native tongue is French. It's probably easier for the two of them to talk that way. Look, can you just not say anything about my and Reno's relationship. You're in no place to judge."

       "I'm just looking out for you," Marie says.

       "Looking out for me? You cheated on me. You never visited me in the hospital or even came to my house when I wasn't allowed to go outside. You don't care about me."

       "I do."

       I ignore Marie and continue to eat my lunch. She doesn't leave, choosing to eat her lunch beside me. If there were any other benches nearby I could sit on, I would go there instead, but this is the only free one.

       Though a huge part of me is tempted to just sit on the ground somewhere. I'm sure there's some grass nearby I can sit on to eat my lunch. 

       Reno ends up coming back and stares at Marie. "Can you move? I was sitting there."

       "Yes, but you got up to flirt with someone else," Marie says.

       Reno knows there's no point arguing with Marie's narrow mindset, so he just says, "Okay," before forcing himself in the small spot between me and Marie. 

       I scoot over to allow room for my boyfriend, but Marie just glares at Reno. "I was sitting there," Marie says.

       "Okay," is all Reno says again before he looks at me. "So Gabriel told me a few cafes and restaurants that are really good to check out. Oh, and there's a park close to the hotel that's, like, perfect for picnics. We can buy some simple food and just have a picnic there."

       I smile at Reno. "That sounds like a great idea."

       Reno smiles back at me before leaning towards me and gently pressing his lips on mine. That simple kiss was enough to irritate Marie, causing her to get up and leave with a scoff. Reno walks her walk off before he says to me, "I knew kissing you would get her to leave."