chapter 14: reno loves weisz

~reno~

       Weisz sits down on the bed I'm lying on as I watch some videos to try to both raise my mood and pass time. I just can't wait to be back home and not have to worry about that creep anymore. "So..." Weisz says slowly. "Are you up to going out somewhere tonight?"

       If I was being honest, I would have told Weisz that I didn't really feel like going out. That I would much rather spend the rest of the day in bed until I can sleep. But Weisz seems hopeful for some reason, like he really wants to go out.

       And since it is out last day in Paris, maybe he wanted to do something with me. I can't say no to that. "Why?" I ask. "What do you have planned?"

       "I-I don't have anything planned," Weisz says, though his stutter clearly says otherwise. 

       Instead of asking him again what he has planned, or pointing out that he clearly does, I decide to tease him. "You want me to get into my leather jacket, don't you?"

       Weisz glares at me. "No. I wouldn't have asked if you were up to going out if I wanted you to wear your leather jacket?"

       "Why? Am I not allowed to wear my leather jacket in public? Oh, I get it. You want me to wear just my leather jacket."

       "Stop bringing up the leather jacket, Reno. I just... Want to go out somewhere. Just the two of us."

       Maybe leaving the hotel and doing something with Weisz is what I need to get my mind off of everything. Besides, Weisz was so excited for this trip once his doctor gave him the all clear. The last thing I want to do is to disappoint him by staying indoors on the last night when he wants to go out.

       So I smile at him and say, "Yeah, we can go out. Let me just put my leather jacket on. I mean, get ready."

       Weisz glares at me again, but I just wink at him as I close my laptop and put it on my nightstand. I decide to actually wear my leather jacket, which does cause Weisz to blush, but he then clears his throat.

       Good to know that he still likes me wearing my leather jacket. 

       As we walk down the streets of Paris hand in hand, I ask, "So have anything specific in mind of what you want us to do, or do you just want to walk down the streets until we see something we can do?"

       "I have a few things in mind," Weisz says. "I hope you don't mind?"

       I smile and shake my head. "I don't mind."

       Weisz does tell me that we can stop somewhere if anything looks interesting along the way, but I just follow Weisz's lead. If I'm being honest, I'm only on the school trip for Weisz anyway. If he wasn't allowed to go on the trip, I would have stayed home with him, so I want this last night to be for him. I want him to have good memories of the trip even if I don't.

       Although, as we get to the first stop Weisz has in mind, it seems as if he wants the exact opposite; he wants this last night to be for me.

       "Here we are," Weisz says, stopping in front of a vinyl shop. "You have a record player, right? I thought you could get some new vinyls for it. And possibly teach me about some more bands because you have impeccable taste of music."

       I place my hand on top of my heart. "Awe, I'm so touched to hear that."

       Weisz and I walk into the vinyl shop and honestly, I've never felt so joyful to be inside a store. There is a lot, and I do mean a lot, of vinyls here, more than there have ever been in any other vinyl shop back at home. The two of us spend quite a bit of time in the shop with both me trying to find out what vinyls to buy to bring him and introducing to a bunch of different bands.

       Weisz tells me that he only has one other stop in mind but even then, I'm already thoroughly enjoying my night with him. He thought to bring me to the vinyl shop knowing how much I like music, and that's enough for me to already love what we're doing.

       And as much as I love music, I think I might like the next stop even more. Weisz takes me to a rooftop cafe with the most amazing view of the city. We've been to quite a few restaurants and cafe's during our trip, but this one might be my favourite one, especially since the night sky is free from clouds. Along with the view of the city's lights, we have a great view of the night sky with the thousands upon thousands of shimmering stars.

       The food and drinks are delicious as well, so it's the perfect way to end out trip. Well, I can think of another way to perfectly end our trip, but that should only happen back in the hotel room.

       "So I've been thinking more about what we were talking about yesterday," Weisz says as we're eating the dessert we got. "About surfing. I have a check up a few days after we get home to see if I'm in the all clear and can start maintenance therapy and if I am... I think I'll get back into surfing."

       I smile at the thought of Weisz deciding to return to one of his previous passions. "Really?"

       Weisz smiles as well. "Yeah, really. You were right. I can't just not return to my passion just because I'm afraid my cancer might return again because what if it doesn't? What if this treatment will make me cancer-free? I shouldn't avoid doing something I love because of the what-ifs."

       "That makes me happy to hear. And I will totally be checking you out whenever you surf. I mean, I'll be watching you and cheering you on."

       Weisz rolls his eyes, but he still has his smile on his face. "Thanks, Reno."

__________________

someone needs to keep me away from vinyl shops. i walked by one when i was at a mall about a month ago and went inside just to see what was there.

i impulsively bought a vinyl even though i was low on money lol oops. (in my defence, it was olivia rodrigo and i absolutely love her sour album)