Sleepless Nights

Y/N SULLIVAN's P.O.V.

I jerk up in bed, gasping for air and gripping the bedsheets tightly. I quickly look to my right and sigh relief to see Nate still sleeping. I slowly place my hand on top of his head softly twirl his hair, then I lean down and give him a kiss on top of his head, then I get out of bed and made my way to the kitchen. Once I get to the kitchen I start making a pot for coffee. As I'm pouring the coffee grounds in the machine I glance over to the clock on the oven and it reads, 2:16 AM. After reading the time, I put my elbows on the counter top and just:

 After reading the time, I put my elbows on the counter top and just:

This isn't the first night I've woken up before 2:30 in the morning. This is probably the fifth or sixth time, since we've been back in New York. I used to not get any sleep, and just stay up all hours of the night and day. Up until my lovely boyfriend and his brother pretty much forced to me take melatonin. Did it work? Meh, yes and no. The melatonin helps me fall asleep faster, but it doesn't keep me asleep like it's supposed to. Just as the coffee pot beeps, alerting me that the coffee done brewing, I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and into the kitchen. After pouring creamer and coffee into my cup I pour a cup for Nate. "Why are you up so early, babe? Come back to bed and cuddle me." Nate whines as he wraps his arms around my waist from behind me. I turn around in his arms and hand him his cup of coffee. "Mm, thanks baby." He mumbles quietly, then takes a sip of his coffee. "I couldn't sleep. Well, couldn't stay asleep I should say. I had another nightmare." I say after I take my first sip of coffee, then just make a stank face realizing that the coffee isn't sweet enough. "Bleh, not sweet enough. No thank you, Mr. Strong Brew." I gently tap Nate's, a simple gesture to let me to go. I grab the creamer and put just a dash more in then stir it up with my coffee. "Ahhh. Yup, not too strong. Not too sweet. Just right." I say, putting the coffee creamer back in the fridge. "You're just like that story of Goldilocks when it comes to certain shit, you know?" Nate comments, which causes me to nudge him a bit. "I love you, babe. Finish this then get back to sleep. I'll have breakfast ready for us around 8:30, okay?" I whisper into Nate's ear, giving him a small peck on the cheek. I got to walk into the living area, until he grabs me. He gives me a look, and then points over to the stools on the other side of the kitchen island. "Sit. We need to talk." Nate says. "What'd I do?" I ask. "It's what you're not doing, is what we're talking about." Sam says, turning the corner. "Jesus Christ all mighty! You fucking Drake's sure do know how to sneak up on people." I say, heading around the kitchen island, sitting on one of the stools. "Okay, what am I not doing? I guess?" I ask in a stubborn and slightly bitchy tone.

(S is for Sam, N is for Nate, and Y/N is for Y/N)

N: "You're not sleeping again night, babe. And I think I know why."
Y/N: "Okay what is this reasoning? Also, before you answer. Why and how'd you get here, Sam?"
S: "Like you said. Us Drake's sure known how to go unseen."
Y/N: "Reow."
N: "Babe. Seriously."
Y/N: "Sorry. Go on, honey."
N: "Sam thinks it's because you might be struggling with PTSD. I think it's because of the numerous nightmares you've been having but not telling me about."
S: "We're not trying to--this isn't an intervention or an interrogation, Angel. We're just worried about you."
N: "Angel? The fuck?"
Y/N: "Um, when Sam and I first met I was undercover as a male stripper in a bar. And my stage name was, Angel. So, he's been calling me that ever since. It doesn't mean anything, nothing happened between us, Natey. Don't worry."
N: "I'm not mad or offended, just never thought to call you that before."
S: "He likes it. But anyways, back on track. We're not trying to, make it seem like we're--We just want to be able to help, is what I'm trying to say. Nate's worried sick about you, and so is your mom. So am I. We are the closest people to you, please don't push us away."
Y/N: "I'm-I'm not pushing you guys away, it's just--they're just really bad nightmares."
N: "Will you tell us what they're about? Please?" I look into Nate's eyes. They're red and puffy. Either from being up so early, or from crying. I grab his hand and lean out of my seat and give him kiss.
Y/N: "I'm gonna need to, sooner or later. Might as well tell you guys now. You guys wanna sit at the dining table? I'll bring the pot over?" I gesture to the table in question, and they both head to the table and take seat. I get off the stool and head into the kitchen to grab the coffee pot and extra mugs.

As soon as I take my seat at the head of the table, I see Nate to my left and Sam to my right. I take a deep breath in and exhale slowly. "Okay, so um. The nightmares started the last night we were in Cala De Oro. It's the same nightmare, almost every single night. It's Victor and Jo. And their deaths. That's what I see."
S: "Okay, I realize you killed Braddock, but I didn't know you killed Sully."
N: "Oh he killed Sully. Totally cut his head clean off with a machete and every thing."
S: "Okay, never fuck with Y/N Sullivan. Duely noted." We all slowly burst into a small laughing fit.
Y/N: "But yeah um, seeing my dad's decapitated head and seeing Braddock being ripped in half was uh, something. That's just not what I intended to happen. But it happened."
S: "Why did it though."
Y/N: "One being that they were trying kill my boyfriend, and secondly, I killed Braddock once. Had to make sure sure stayed that way. I also made a promise to my, not so dead mother, that I would kill Victor. As some sort of revenge of her dying in his hand."
N & S: "But it wasn't Sully who did it?"
Y/N: "It was either Victor, Braddock, or Frazer. Either way, they're all dead now."

After I told Sam and Nate about my sleepless nights, we all thought about some ideas to help me stay asleep. Sam suggested prescribed meds or therapy. "Prescription meds would work. But I think I would to jail if I admit to murder." Sam and Nate told me to get in touch with my mom about it, because I guess my mom works at one of the hospitals in town. So yeah, gotta do that now. "Alright well, it's almost 7:30. You boys hungry?" I ask. "Food sounds good. Thanks, Angel." Sam says. "Don't be too clingy on that name, Samuel. I don't wanna hear it. Once in a while is fine. But, Nathan is my boyfriend, not you. Sorry." I say to him in a low and grouchy voice. "Baby! Baby! Baby! Baby!" Nate says like a hyperactive child. "Yes, my sweets?"
"Can you make breakfast pierogi?" I look at Nate with raised eyebrows and say, "I'm gonna have to make it from scratch. If you wanna help, that'd be nice." He jumps up and kisses my face, then runs to the kitchen. "He's awake now. Alright, babe. Start cleaning and mashing the potatoes. Samuel, this is a group thing. Get in there." As soon as we're all washed up and cooking breakfast I hear my phone ring from upstairs....