Chapter 7 - The Guardian

Alice rode with Raf to the Autobot base, talking to him and Bumblebee about how she was scared of riding in vehicles after losing her mother in an accident. She didn't like to talk about it too much, but Raf seemed like he could be trusted and it was better that these transforming robots knew as well, that way they could try to drive as smoothly as possible with her. Bee was careful to do this after she had mentioned it the first time, making sure to avoid swerving too much and avoiding the worst of the bumps in the road as well so she didn't fear any loss of control of the vehicle, not that it happened easily for a Cybertronian.

Arriving at the base, Alice got out with Raf, somewhat confusing the two bots that were there, but when Bee transformed, he seemed to begin explaining to them why she had ridden with him instead of Arcee like before. Ratchet would scoff and roll his eyes some, but Optimus would take on a softer expression, seeming to understand that loss could make someone scared of something. They were not battle-hardened like his team was, and he had to be understanding of that. Alice would go up to the human area, trying to say hello to Miko, who simply ignored her and went to play video games with Raf. She was going to follow them and try to interact with the other kids, but Optimus approached the platform and looked down at her calmly, she had explaining to do. Optimus was still hard for her to look at, but she tried her best as he approached and she walked to the railing, letting out a bit of a sigh.

"I know I have some explaining to do about Witchcraft, but it's a matter of where to start I suppose." Alice explained, Optimus not needing to say a word about it. "I guess let me ask you this, do you have any kind of religion back on your planet? Follow any kind of gods or goddesses, even loosely?" Alice asked, contorting her face some as she thought about where to begin if they didn't have a religion, though she stared at Optimus's peds while she spoke, she would occasionally glance up at him to let him know that she was doing her best, despite the strong presence he gave off.

Optimus would note her behaviour, and that it was hard for her to look at him, he had an idea as to what she was seeing in him, the presence of the matrix of leadership was likely overwhelming for her if he understood things correctly. The matrix of leadership had a strong spiritual presence, having the collective knowledge of the Primes, and in a way, a piece of their spark that kept it running in his chest. "We do. Our God, Primus, was the creator of the thirteen original Primes. From there, our species evolved into what it is today. We do not follow him in the same religious sense that you humans do, but he is worshipped through our actions in day-to-day activities." Optimus explained briefly, wanting to more hear about what religion had to do with her explanation.

"Well," Alice started, looking up at Optimus for a moment and taking a deep breath, though looking at him was like stepping outside on a sunny day when you have only known darkness for the last twenty-four hours, it was possible, but painful and difficult. "Witchcraft is sort of like that, you worship with your thoughts, intentions, and actions. Some people offer prayers to what they worship, but not a witch like me. I worship the Earth, essentially. I worship it through my actions, such as respecting nature and animals, growing my own garden and nurturing it, and spending time outside where I can." Alice explained. "I also collect crystals, semi-precious gems that grow in the earth, as I see them as connecting with the Earth better, as well as the Earth's gifts to me for taking care of it." Alice explained, reaching into her bag and pulling out some semi-precious stones for the Prime to see as an example. The large mech would simply nod his head as he squinted some to look at them before his eyes returned to Alice, taking in what he had been told.

"The practice is different for everyone, not everyone is potent. I've never met someone as potent as me, online or otherwise." Alice explained, staring at the stones in her hand for a moment before placing them back in her bag and glancing up at the Prime, squinting some as she did. "I do online readings for people, they have no idea how potent I am, aside from the fact that I'm good with the cards, so if there's worry about that, nobody really knew aside from my mother. But she's been gone a while." Alice explained, looking down some at the mention of her mother, and to take a break from looking up at Optimus' form. To Alice, his form was practically radiating prismatic light, the closest she could akin the light to was white, meaning that he was a pure being, one who was meant to do great things, though the prismatic rays that came off him could mean hundreds of different things, but they shone like there were several souls mashed together.