Chapter 6: The start of their story

With Luca and Ellie

Luca starts to walk towards Ellie and the kids. Lila notices her uncle Luca and starts running towards him, Luca bends down and picks her up and hugs her as she hugs him back tightly. ''Uncle Luca!' Lila yells. Ellie looks up to see Lila with Luca and smiles at the sight.

Luca starts making his way towards Ellie and the other children. Once Luca arrives next to them he sets Lila down and she went back to her brothers. ''Hi'' said Ellie. ''Hey'' said Luca.

And from there, they started to begin to talk. 

With the team

They watched with how Luca and Ellie started to talk and how the conversation kept going. They could practically see their eyes light up when talking with each other, both of them still watching the kids and playing with them too. 

''They would be a perfect couple'' said Annie, ''I only have been with her a day but talked to her a few times on text, and I already know they are perfect for each other. I told you so David.''

''I know baby, I know.'' David 'Deacon' said with a small laugh. ''Is this why you are here? To make sure they meet and hit it off?''

''Maybe'' Annie said playfully.

''Damn Deac, you have a match making woman'' said Hondo.

''Yeah, well, it was either Luca or you. Guess she picked Luca'' said Deacon.

They all looked back at the scene.

Back to Luca and Ellie

''So you're a teacher? What year do you teach?'' Luca asked, both of them talking to each other, whilst also keeping an eye out for kids and playing with them.

''I teach primary years, any year they need me'' replied back Ellie.

''Do you have a preferred year?'' Luca asked.

''I love all of them, but the little ones (5-7 years) have a spot in my heart'' Ellie said, ''We're talking about me, how about you? A swat officer. What's the story behind that?''

''I'm a third generation swat officer, so its kind off a legacy. My grandfather, my father and then me.''

''That's amazing though, the fact that you still made it on your own. That takes guts.'' Said back Ellie smiling at him, making it easier for him to smile at her. 'Her smile could light up the world' Luca thinks. 'He had such a beautiful smile' Ellie thinks.

They kept on talking till they had to leave for home or back to work. They gave each other their phone numbers so that they could keeping talking to each other. After they said goodbyes to everyone and to each other, they left for home and work with a bright smile on their faces and eyes shining with mirth and happiness.