Chapter 3: First meeting with David 'Deacon' Kay

At Deacon's House

Ellie's P.O.V

It was Saturday morning. I was nervous, this was going to be the first day of watching over Matthew, Lila and Samuel whilst helping Annie rest. She was in her 6/7 month so letting her get some rest and less stress would help her and the baby. As I go to my car and see where the place is (Annie sent me her address), I leave home and head to their place. It was beautiful. I knock on the door and Annie opens it with Samuel in her hands and on her hip. We greet each other with a hug and I ask her if its ok to take Samuel from her hands and she says it was okay.

I take him from her and he greets me with a smile and he cuddles slightly with me. As we continue to move inside, after closing the door behind us, we are greeted with the sight of two kids playing with an older man. I realize its David, Annie's husband. He looks up and it seems as he was ready to go to work. Annie introduces us, ''David, this is Ellie Smith. Ellie, this is my husband, David Kay.''

''Hi, it's nice to meet you.'' I say as I put my hand out to shake his. We shake hands and he looks at me as if he is assessing me. ''Nice to meet you too'' David says, and then he says, '' Matthew, Lila what do we say?'' They say hi to me and came to hug me. I say hi back and hug them back.

He looks back at me and notices how Samuel was with me. He looked slightly content that the kids got along with me, same with Annie. He starts asking me some questions related with me.

''So, your a teacher. How long have you been a teacher?'' he asks. ''Well, I am 29 years old, I have been a teacher for about 3 years now, and I have also been babysitting/ and helping out with kids ever since I was 16. I love children and I love helping people and kids, so teaching was something I would have loved to do. And I do.'' 

''You are pretty young for a teacher'' he says, as he looks her with a slightly critical look but has a smile on his face. ''I'm gonna take that as a compliment'' I chuckle a little and they join in with me. ''And so I put your mind at more ease, I know self-defence and how to fight, if things get bad, and I have first aid training.'' 

They both looked surprised at that. David opens his mouth to ask and I just say, ''Wanted to know how to protect the ones I'm in care for and the ones I love in any way and form I can.'' He took a moment and looks at me with a thankful look and so does Annie. Knowing what I know, he looks much more relieved. 

''Thanks for everything'' he tells me. I reply with a ''No problem'' and he kisses Annie and the kids goodbye for work, and he leaves. After he leaves, I tell Annie to go and rest, while I take care of the three kids. She goes, and me and the kids start our day getting to know each other and after, having fun. Taking care of them and Annie.