Chapter 5: The meet and greet

After a day of work at swat as they're going out

As the team was walking out they notice a few familiar faces and one faces not so familiar. Deacon jogs down to meet with them as the team stays a little far back. They notice an unfamiliar female holding Samuel with them as Annie and Deacon kiss and the kids giving Deacon hugs. 

The female looked at them and caught the eye of Luca and they held eye contact for a few minutes. Before she turned away, she sent him a wink and looked back towards Annie, Deacon and the kids.

Luca turns towards the rest of the team and asks them, ''Did you guys see that?'' And everyone responded with a 'yeah' or 'yes'. 

''Damn she is cute'' said Jim. ''Be careful what you say, it seems Luca already caught her attention'' said Tan, they all responded with chuckles. ''Damn, where did they find her though? You won't find someone beautiful like that so easy'' said Hondo.

They watched as the Kay family plus one come forward to the team. ''Hey, I want you all to meet Ms. Ellie Smith. Ellie meet Viktor Tan, Christina 'Chris' Alonso, Jim Street, Daniel 'Hondo' Harrelson, and Dominic Luca'' Everyone responded with 'Hey' and 'Hi' and 'Hello's. 

Luca and Ellie made eye contact and held it for a few seconds, they smiled at each other and before looking towards the others. Everyone around them caught the look and they smiled at each other, more so Annie who had an 'I-told-you-so' look in her eyes towards Deacon, who just smiles at her. 

''We were hoping we wouldn't bother you, we just came to pick up and surprise David'', Ellie said, meanwhile they notice that Samuel was in her arms and with how Matthew and Lila seemed to love and be comfortable with her. ''I'm gonna leave y'all a bit to talk'', and she walks away and towards the car.

They watch her leave and with how the kids are with her just in a few hours. They turn towards Deacon and Annie who have smiles on their faces seeing their children happy. They both look back towards the team. ''So, what do you think?'' Annie asks Deacon and the team.

''She seems amazing with the kids'' said Chris.

''Yeah, she is. Didn't let me move from bed except for the bathroom. Did everything at home and watched the kids and played with them. She kept up with everything perfectly.'' replied back Annie.

''Damn''- Tan and Jim

''She really did?'' - Deacon.

''Yep she did, and when she didn't have the kids, she was with me; helping me and talking with me, making sure I had everything. I told you she's amazing, and that you're gonna love her'' - Annie

Luca looked back at her, and when Ellie felt someone's eyes on her she looked up from the kids and straight towards Luca, flashing him with a smile making him smile back. When everyone saw the interaction, all of them shared a look and Hondo just pushed Luca towards them. 

''I'm gonna go say hello to my niece and nephews'' Luca said, making everyone give him a look at the pathetic excuse. They all watched him go.

''I told you so''